How to go to do sandboard in the dunes

Huacachina, Peru

How to go to do sandboard in the dunes Huacachina Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Going south to Huacachina and the dunes Mar 06, 2009
If you want to do some sandboard and ride a buggy through the dunes, you have to go south.

The only way to go there from Lima is driving. Unless, you are used to drive here, I'd highly recommend to catch a bus, no complications. That's the way I do it!

Take a bus to Ica. There are different bus companies with different prices. The most expensive charges about US$18 and the cheapest US$ 7. The quality of the service is different but it's just a short drive. The most expensive is more comfortable, offers food, has a/c, restrooms, and doesn't make stops.

Anyway, you can choose the one according to your budget.

Once you arrive to Ica, you have to take a cab to Huacachina, which costs less than US$2 and there you go! You will be in a nice oasis, surrounded by sand...
Flyinhigh says:
Cool...thanks
yadilitta says:
I haven't ever done the rafting in Colca Canyon :(
in fact, don't have many info about that BUT I know a guy in Arequipa who's into the trekking a lot. I'll ask him. He's really nice and I'm sure he can gave me some tips. I'll let you know :)
Flyinhigh says:
So Yadi, have you ever gone rafting in Colca Canyon? I read about this and it sounds awesome...any info about that would be great or contacts for a good tour operator. Thanks again for all your help. All the best, Jo
Posted on: Mar 15, 2009

Compare Ica Hotel Rates (4.7km away)

Huacachina Map