How to go to Mitad del Mundo from Quito

How to go to Mitad del Mundo from Quito Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Going to Mitad del Mundo Jul 14, 2009
There are 3 ways to do it:

1- to drive your own car. There are parking spots inside the park, so that wouldn't be a problem

2- to take a taxi to the entrance.

3- to go by bus, which is how I went there. I thought it was closer but took us 1 1/2hrs. In the city, you have to take a bus to Ofelia Station. I was in Old Town and took one at Sta. Prisca stop.

Ofelia Station is the start for buses going to "Mitad del Mundo". No way, you can miss them. Where to stop? Well at the entrance of the park. They stop right there. I recommend you to tell them you are going to Mitad del Mundo, so they will let you know when you are there. Buses could get crowded with local people driving to other places.

Going by bus was not only cheaper, but also you are able to see the local people :)
buses to Mitad del Mundo
Thanks for the info!
Posted on: Aug 23, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About How to go to Mitad del Mundo from Quito

Saturday..........La Mitad del Mundo
Had a bit of a sleep-in as no school today.  After a long breakfast and discussion, it was decided that Maria Jose and I would go to the place called El Mitad del Mundo (the middle of the world)…go to the place called El Mitad del Mundo (the middle of the world), where the equator crosses Ecuador just north of Quito
Touristy stuff around Quito.
Hello all, Today I was determined to get to TeleferiQo, the 4,100 metre high tram overlooking Quito.  Also, since I plan of leaving Quito tomorrow, I figured I had to go to La Mitad Del Mundo.&…go to La Mitad Del Mundo.  La Mitad Del Mundo is the government tourist sight that islocated on the equator…
Mitad del Mundo Map