How to get to Mal Pais

Mal Pais, Costa Rica

How to get to Mal Pais Reviews

eamesker eamesker
Be sure to use the freey!!!! Aug 13, 2008
I made the mistake of grabbing a taxi around the large outlet from Playa Hermosa, near Jaco, to go to Montezuma then on to Mal Pais. I don't know how I got talked into that because it was the worst travel experience during my three months in Costa Rica. The taxi driver was insane. The roads were only half paved. Potholes everywhere. All this eventually led to car sickness. And it took forever.

Do all you can to take the ferry. It is a vehicle and passenger ferry and it is air conditioned. If you think you are going to miss the ferry (which is how I got talked into a taxi), stay an extra night where you are and wake up early to get the ferry.

The ride is nice and you meet a lot of new people on the approx. 1.5hr trip - yes I did take the ferry on my way back - thankfully!

Related Travel Blogs About How to get to Mal Pais

Stoked - In Search of Surf in Costa Rica
I love surfing.Having learned to surf the summer before in California, my newfound love has since oftentimes driven me mad as I regularly find myself dreaming of ocean and brainstorming extravagant p…Getting from San Jose to Mal Pais: From San Jose, you can contact Montezuma Expeditions ( www.montezumaexpeditions.com ) to arrange…
From Hell to Heaven
Well, we went across the bay to the tip of Nicoya, a surfer beach called Mal Pais, which is tough to get too, but we are here.  Things are totally different, there is a laid back attitude with t…Mal Pais, which is tough to get too, but we are here.  Things are totally different, there…

Compare Montezuma Hotel Rates (9.9km away)

Mal Pais Map