How to drink for free at the Borgata

1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ, USA - (609) 317-1000

How to drink for free at the Borgata Atlantic City Reviews

Robin1109 Robin1109
Mar 08, 2007
I was recently in AC for the weekend and we went to the newest casino, the Borgata. We were there on a Saturday night so the place was packed - all tables had no less than a $25 bet, the slots were jammed and you couldn't even saddle up to a bar for a drink the lines were so long. We walked around the perimeter of the casino and upon turning around, saw a nice little bar with barely any customers. We walked in and asked for a drink. The nice bartender asked if we were betting on the horses. Apparently, we walked into the live racecourse betting. I know nothing about betting on horses but the bartender continued to explain that even if we just put a couple dollars down on a horse "to win" and ask the teller for drink vouchers, our drinks would be free (we're talking $8 drinks). So, we spent the next couple of hours learning about betting on horses and getting free drinks while doing it. I had no luck with my horses but spent a total of $14 betting. My friend had a little more luck and won about $50. Basically, if you're tired of the casino floor and really just want to drink for nearly free head to the racetracks in any casino!
imanahan says:
oooh! thanks for the tip! i'm going to atlantic city in a few weeks. sounds like fun :)
Posted on: Oct 18, 2007