How to Use Helsinki Metro and Train System

Helsinki, Finland

How to Use Helsinki Metro and Train System Reviews

FileJunkie FileJunk…
How I used Helsinki Metro and Train systems to get from Kamppi to Heureka Jul 09, 2011
I arrived Helsinki early in the morning and my main purpose of the visit was to visit Heureka.

It was 5:30 AM when I first tried to enter subway. There were no people, but some tickets vending machines, informational posters and schemes. It was said that a single ticket for riding inside Helsinki costs 2 Euros, and a multi-regional ticket costs 4 Euros, and there are lots of other ticket types. Fine for not having a ticket is 80 Euros. Vending machines only accept Euro coins or credit/debit cards with EMV chips, and I had nothing of it. Absense of people and ability to enter Subway without paying confused me, so I exited Metro and started to find a place to eat and get some Euro coins.

I found Café Amico. Its owner, Alessandro, made me a breakfast and told about using Helsinki Metro. I found out that I just need to buy a ticket and go and nobody controls it except for the rarest cases. So, I got some Euro coins for change, bought a metro ticket for 2 Euros and got next station after Kamppi - Rautatientori, or just Central Railway Station.

There I found cashiers and asked how do I get to Tikkurila station in Vantaa. She said me I just should buy a ticket for 4 Euros and use any train that goes through Tikkurila - for example, Z starting at 10:41. K, I, R, H, and N would be good too.

Train was very fast, and I arrived to Tikkurila and visited Heureka. To come back, I bought a ticket in Tikkurila.

Check Helsinki Hotel Deals