House of Nanking

(415) 421-1429

House of Nanking San Francisco Reviews

gr8guy gr8guy
House of Nanking Dec 18, 2009
If you like Chines food, then you MUST try my favorite spot in the China Town district of San Francisco. Located at 919 Kearny St., it is not too far from the city center and is easy walking distance to other shops and transportation.

There is often a line out front so plan to spend a little extra time waiting as the locals really like this place and call it one of their city favorites. I have been here a few times and have learned to NOT order off the menu but rather have the owner order for you. Somehow, he sizes you up and then pow, six dishes come to your table. I have no idea what I ate but it was amazingly good (and I can be picky). The code word for this is.. and I'm serious.. is "hook me up."

It used to be a little hole in the wall, like eating in someones BIG kitchen, but over time, it has grown and grown and now looks more like a more main stream restaurant than it ddi years ago, however, the food is fresh, delicious and fast.
Front sign
LuckyMonkey LuckyMon…
Fast Attentive Service in Chinatown Aug 12, 2008
I went with a group of about 40 others here for lunch, we had reserved ahead of time. The chef/owner Peter Fang greeted us and we agreed to let him choose the menu items, including several vegetarian options. I enjoyed most of what arrived, though I am not a picky eater, my favorite being the eggplant and other veggies with some fish thrown on top. There was also a tasty beef dish, deep fried and battered chicken and pork potstickers.

The meal was a blur as it was so loud in there with everyone talking in the tiny room. I also noticed a line had formed for folks waiting to be seated.

Given the sheer number of patrons they serve, they do a great job. I will return to enjoy again!
Speaks for itself...