House of India

261 North Street, Pittsfield, MA, USA
(413) 443-3262
House of India - My plate!
House of India - My plate!
House of India - Wooden folk art
House of India - Entrance
House of India - Entrance
House of India - Lentil Garlic soup with cilantro bits!
House of India - Samosas and Kachumber salad

House of India Pittsfield Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Decent Indian In Pittsfield, MA Dec 05, 2009
I walked in from the cold eager to warm both my physical self and soul with the Indian spices that I have grown to love and crave!!!

The House of India had a lovely quaint atmosphere, plenty of spicy smells drifting from the kitchens and some lovely pieces of art adorning the strange salmon colored walls and hidden in small corner nooks. On the back wall was a large flat screen tv playing bollywood music hits!!

There was plenty to order from with several veggie options!! I ordered the chana masala, Lentil garlic soup, veggie samosa and Kuchamber salad. everything was delicious, though I did think that the chana masala could have had more spice added to it.. The lentil garlic soup was fantastic!!! esp since it came with bits of fresh cilantro!!! And if I hadn't ordered enough food for two people already I would have ordered a second order of samosas! They were that tasty! :P:P

I def recommend this place if you are in the area and in the mood for Indian. The prices were average compared to most places I have visited and, from my internet snooping, cheaper then the other Indian establishments in the region!
Wooden folk art