House of Bols Cocktail & Genever Experience

020 5708575

House of Bols Cocktail & Genever Experience Amsterdam Reviews

tjwood tjwood
Just plain fun! Mar 16, 2012
My fiends and I where thinking of going to the Van Gog Museum when we saw the line. Being tired of waiting everywhere a friend and I suggested the House of Bols from the map advertisement.

Turns out this is a great experience. At first you think the price of admission is steep (cost us each 12 euro). We did the tour and had a great time with the smelling interaction test. The video presentation is very nice and I personally like the first room of all the little house bottles.

If you read your ticket, you will notice that it states you get a drink at the end of the experience. When you exit the tour, there is a computer you stop at and answer personality questions. At the end of the questionnaire it will suggest what drink is best for you and a few alternates.

Go into their bar and the bar staff will mix your drink for you and them also offer two modest shots of the different flavored Bols to try. So you are getting on good mixed drink and two shots, plus a history tour of the museum for just the entrance fee. No hidden charges, just plain god fun!
kat307 kat307
Fun filled cocktail drinking and learning experience Aug 20, 2011
Opposite the Van Gogh Museum, the House of Bols is 11.50 euros for entrance, this includes a cocktail of your choice made by the bartenders and 2 shots of Bols liquor. You can spend as much time as you like walking through the museum and learning about the history of the Bols brand. We didn't spend a long time there as we were mainly there for the bar! But I did enjoy the interactive elements of the tour such as tasting and smelling things and guessing what there were. The museum is decorated in a very cool, interesing and modern fashion. I really liked the rainbow patterned hallway! At the bar I picked a cosmopolitan, it was delicious, as were the Bols shots I had to follow. The bar was very cool and sleek with mirrors lining the walls and ceiling, and glass tables. I had a really fun time here, and would go again for more cocktails!

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals