House of Blues

Chicago, Illinois

House of Blues Chicago Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
House of Blues Aug 21, 2010
The House of Blues is a chain of Blues themed restaurants and music venues. I’m reviewing the one in Chicago. The Chicago House of Blues is in a very cool modernist building in Marina City (the ones like giant corncobs in the sky), easily reached from the Chicago river and downtown areas. It has a downstairs restaurant and an upstairs music venue.

The food is excellent and good value, and the range of beers is good and about average priced for Chicago. I ate at the bar, and I really benefited from how friendly Chicagoans are – I’m not sure that you can totally credit the bar staff with that but it was lovely.

The acoustics in the restaurant area are good too, and the bar has loads of nice folksy art dotted about the walls. The band downstairs were nothing special, but then there was a gig upstairs that I was told was absolutely fantastic.

All in all, I really enjoyed this place. I would consider going back, although if you are after great bands you might be better off taking a cab down to Buddy Guy’s Legends which is more authentic but a bit less folk arty, and obviously further away.

Check Chicago Hotel Deals