House L.A. - City Hostel

House L.A. - City Hostel Rates and Deals

House L.A. - City Hostel Fussen Reviews

Hollypaw Hollypaw
Close to Train station Jan 14, 2013
The location of this hostel is very close to the train station. I arrived at 12am and it wasn't a problem getting into the hostel. There's no real common room except a kitchen type area but they have a fridge where you can buy local beer, juice and water which is good. They have bikes at the hostel that you can rent in order to ride to the castles or around the lakes in the area. I stayed in the attic dorm which wasn't the safest in terms of keeping your stuff in there as anyone entering the hostel could have access to your stuff. They do have lockers though for your valuable but they're pretty small. The view of the alps from the hostel were absolutely amazing though and the town is so quaint that everything is within walking distance. There's no kitchen here for guests but they have a little bar fridge and a kettle for hot water. Also wifi only worked in the kitchen type area. I also stayed during the off season.
WalterC WalterC
Great place to stay Mar 06, 2010
A short walk from the train station, this hostel is a very nice place to stay at. From the window, a nice view of the area and the Alps. And a short walk from the town of Fussen, and at the train station, where you can catch a bus to the 2 castles.

Staff is nice, and the rates cannot be beaten. The place does have that feel of a home, although I went during the winter, and had the room to myself. So my experience may be completely different from others.

The only issue, is the use of an old-fashioned key, kind of what you see in cartoons. It can be difficult to unlock the door sometimes. And if you check in after the office is closed, there should be a cell phone, where you can call the owner.

Keep this mind, I stayed during the off-season. I have no idea what the place is like during summer. But I think this is a great place to stay at.
bunk beds
view from my window
allnightermark says:
sounds like a nice place, and I kinda like the old fashioned keys.haha
Posted on: Dec 06, 2010