House Hostel

Kr. Barona iela 44 - +371 27543355

House Hostel Reviews

anjok anjok
Welcome home Apr 10, 2008
Well, I have to be honest. I never slept in the hostel. But I was there several times, I saw everything and I even helped clean and washed dishes :))

The thing is, this is the hostel my best friend owns. You probably read about her in several of my blogs. She and three of her friends bought a business in Riga. A hostel. And I have to say they are doing a great job.

Personally, I am a very fastidious person, I like things being clean and tidy. Don't want to sound like a snob, but I am very suspicious about hostels and things like that. And still I would recommend this place.

It is situated in the center of Riga, just several minutes walk from the Old Town, in a house that goes back to 19th century. But it's not what important. Important is the spirit. There are several rooms in the hostel, 4 rooms with 2, 4, 6 and 8 beds, each in it's own style, renovated this year, plus a living room and a kitchen with dishes, fridge, tea and coffee.

I am not going to go into further narrations, website says pretty much the same. I just want to add that I know the girls personally and they take this seriously. And they have a lot of music bands from Europe staying in the hostel, so it should be fun in the summer.

Prices range from 14 to 26eur for person.

And you have to call or send an email before the arrival. They don't have a person staying there all the time, they come themselves, give the keys and show around.
Riga Map