Hotel zur Börse

Hotel zur Börse Rates and Deals

Hotel zur Börse Sulingen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Rock solid German quality May 19, 2011
I have stayed at Hotel zur Börse times over the year and for several reasons. First of all the reason for ending up in the small village of Sulingen some 50 – 60 kilometres from Bremen is that there is a huge Lloyd shoe outlet that has all kind of Lloyd shoes and quite good prices. Sulingen also fits with the distance I want drive when I leave straight from work; about 5 hours drive from Copenhagen.

Sulingen is a really nice little German village with some nice houses, restaurants and bars. There is not much to do here but it is relaxing. The Hotel zur Börse is situated on the main shopping street in the village; it is an area of Germany full of farmland and the area is always green and you can see that the farmers are doing well. The estates are quite large and the houses are almost all built in red bricks and their garden are always in perfect shape.

All this is also reflected in the hotel; the rooms are big, with large beds and good size bathrooms. The design is quite old fashion but we are also far away from the big city life out here. The things in the rooms do always work and the rooms are also very clean.

They have a computer to register all the customers in but the systems seem old fashion but they are working as everything else in this part of Germany. I was there with my friend Jacob and we entered the hotel; which actually was on the backside of the building seen from the main street. The owner was behind the counter and we had a double room with two single beds.

We were given a room on the other side of the road where there are 14 rooms in a annex. We were there quite late so we only had a quick beer in the room before we were heading out dinner somewhere. I was on the hurt for fresh asparagus which I totally love and I had talked to the chef earlier and he told me that they had them, so I was keen on eating in the hotel. The chef spoke formidable English by the way.

The food in their restaurant was great and the portions humongous as always on the German country side. My portion was veal with one pound of asparagus and I loved it. It was mainly the asparagus that brought me down here at this time of year. I enjoyed the meal with some of their beers and we had a great time.

The following morning we were back in the main house for the breakfast that was I the traditional German style with liver sausage and other nice sausages. The meal was heavy and if you don't get full it is your own fault. The breakfast area was huge but they also use it for conferences and big family reunions.

We had again a great stay and we paid 100 euro for the room and the breakfast with was a bit more than when I was there the last time.
The sign on the hotel wall
The room
The beds
The room
Chokk says:
It always knock me right back in the socks!
Posted on: Jun 04, 2011
Glynnes says:
I luv humongous portions for breakfast;-}
Posted on: Jun 04, 2011