Hotel du Pont Neuf

Hotel du Pont Neuf Rates and Deals

Hotel du Pont Neuf Paris Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Hotel du Pont Neuf, Paris 2009 Oct 02, 2010
After much exhaustion searching for this hotel, I finally managed to catch my breath and showed the receptionist my check-in details. I had two choices: a) to check- in to a room at 3rd floor, but have to wait for 30 minutes until they are done with the housekeeping; or b) a room at the top floor (I can’t remember was it the 5th or 6th floor), which is already done. I was in a hurry so I agreed on the top floor.

“Now where’s the lift?” I asked. “No lift ma’m, only stairs”. My eye lids were stretched to the max! With over 15kg of weight on my shoulders, I made no hesitation but quickly made my way up the stairs… Yes! I can do it!

“Cough … Cough…” I was out of breath… are we there yet?? I looked up… Oh no, I was only at the 1st floor... a few more flights to go….Yes! I can do it!

The stairs were extremely narrow which fits only 1 person (of my size that is... and it’ll probably accommodate 2 anorexic girls) and the spiral form could really make it ‘the stairways to hell’. As I climbed my way up, I had to be extra careful not to let the weight of my backpack pull me backwards and have me roll (or rather bounce, considering my round shape) back to the ground floor.

Finally! I reached the top. I immediately threw my bag aside and took my shower. The toilet was so narrow, I had to stand milimetres away from the wall to avoid physical contact with the ‘moldy’ shower curtain. At the end I couldn’t stand it and pushed aside the shower curtain. No, I don’t give a damn of the wet floor… I was in a hurry!

5 minutes later I got a knock on my door. “Ma’m, your toilet is leaking! Did you shower inside or outside???” It was rather embarrassing but hey, it wasn’t my fault your toilet hasn’t got a good drainage system!

So finally they moved me to the attic, which was twice the size of the room I had previously. I must say it was quite a good ‘upgrade’. The hotel comes with the simple necessities such as soap, toilet papers, heater, towel, hangers, cupboard as well as a TV.

Although the name “Hotel”, I would rather call it a nice “Lodge”. Location is good. It’s about 15 minutes walk to the Lourve and the area is packed with passers-by most of the time. Walk 10 minutes to the opposite direction and you will end up in the train station and shopping mall. There is also a sundry shop that opens till late at night if you need to grab some last minute bites. The place is generally safe, although not advisable to be alone in the dark.

Service is not bad and the people are friendly. In average, you could not ask for more if you’re travelling alone, on a tight budget but yet wants to have some privacy.

Check Hotel du Pont Neuf Rates and Deals