Hotel du Nord et de l'Est

Average rate: $70 - Hotel class: 2 stars
49 rue de Malte, Paris, France

Hotel du Nord et de l'Est Rates and Deals

Hotel du Nord et de l'Est Paris Reviews

rebek66 rebek66
Worst hotel stay of my life! May 03, 2010
We were at first happy to find this hotel and its great rates, location and clean rooms. We also appreciated the computer in the lobby that we could use to check in back home. The girl who made our reservation was great. The problems started on the second night. We had to close the windows that looked down on the courtyard because you could smell cigarette smoke wafting up into the room and the noise of conversations in other rooms was not conducive to sleep. I woke in the middle of the night to a really noxious odor that I could not place. we toughed it out though and went out the following day for another great day in Paris.

Upon returning to our room we made the decision to start packing for our trip home the next day. We were organizing our bags when my daughter realized that a really lovely scarf that she had purchased on our trip was missing and I noticed that my hairbrush was not to be found. My daughter said she felt sure that someone had gone through her bags as they looked different from the way she had left them. Before going out to dinner for the evening we informed the desk clerk of the missing items. He asked us to look again in the room ( though I made my daughter unpack and repack her suitcase before we accused anyone of anything) because he claimed the staff was with the hotel for 10 years and there had never been problems before. We did just that but never found the missing items. Once again in the night we were awakened by the terrible odor and discovered room fresheners under the dresser that was next to the pipe coming from the bathroom. What were they trying to hide with the room fresheners?

In the morning we were ready to check out and get our plane home. We once again explained our missing items to a different man behind the desk and mentioned the terrible odor but he claimed that he could not speak English and charged us for our rooms and said good bye. We were very disappointed in the lack of interest in our missing items or our negative impressions of the hotel.

I did not do a thorough search through my bags to discover if anything was missing because I have never stayed in a disreputable establishment before and this place was recommended by Rick Steves. However when I returned home and started unpacking I immediately discovered that my pearl necklace was missing from its bag along with the pearl earrings I bought in Paris to match them. They were with me before we stepped into this hotel.

I wrote a scathing review of our experience on the hotel's web site and was immediately contacted by e-mail by the hotel. They claimed that they had found the scarf and brush in a drawer in the room though we never at anytime used their drawers or put anything in them. They once again stood by their staff, denied that there was an odor problem and never mentioned the missing pearls. The man who wrote me even went so far as to call me a liar because everything I was claiming was impossible or my fault. he said he would return the scarf and brush if I agreed to pay the shipping.

My advice to anyone planning a stay here is first of all to find another hotel. This is not a reputable business. But if you do stay do not leave anything of any value in the room because the cleaning staff goes through your luggage when you are out of the room. This place put a very sour ending note on a trip that was in all other respects lovely.
SuperShan1015 says:
Thank you for such an honest review! I will definitely NOT stay here if I am in Paris again. Yikes!
Posted on: May 03, 2010

Hotel du Nord et de l'Est Overview

Located on a small quiet street near the bustling Place de la Republique the Hotel du Nord et de l Est has been owned by the same family for three generations -It offers personal service throughout your entire stay and was recently renovated and updated out of our desire to offer quality comfort and services -In the surrounding areas a variety of walks will lead you to Saint Martin Canal - a perfect summertime destination with its cool breezes and shade or to the Marais district and Place des Vosges -For those who plan to venture further the metro can take you to La Defense-the Stade de France or even EuroDisney -Our hotels favourable location between Opera and Bastille near the business districts and major museums is in close proximity to all the capitals main attractions -Our multilingual staff members who speak English-German-Italian-Spanish and Serbian will warmly welcome you 24 hours a day -A lift-fax and photocopy service and a luggage room are available for your use -A public car park is located nearby -Our quiet-comfortable lounge enables guests to enjoy a drink and relax while reading the newspaper or meeting friends and colleagues -good breakfast essential before a day of work or tourism is served in our breakfast room from 6am to 10am -Our continental breakfast includes bread-croissants and other Viennese pastries-tea- coffee-milk-milk chocolate and fruit juices -If you prefer to relax a bit longer breakfast can be served in your room upon request -Our pretty interior garden invites you to relax any time of the day among lush shrubbery and flower beds accompanied by the soft whisper of the fountain -Our attractive - elegant rooms have been recently renovated providing state of the art technology and every possible comfort -Equipped with private bathroom ensuite-flat screen TV-satellite TV-air conditioning-safe and free WIFI internet access

Hotel du Nord et de l'Est Amenities

• TV
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower