Hotel du Louvre

Hotel du Louvre Rates and Deals

Hotel du Louvre Chamonix Reviews

menzi44 menzi44
Fuzzy Green Walls Jun 08, 2010
Well this is a funny little's right in the centre of Chamonix and literally 2 minutes walk to the ski slops (if you're there in winter), so my mate and I couldn't have found a better location if we tried - that's the principal reason we chose Hotel Louvre in the first place...and then staying there was an experience in itself!

The hotel was a great price for my friends and me, as we were on extremely tight budgets (I'll tell you now that it's close to impossible to have a week long ski trip for under £400 - but we did it!!)

I gave the Hotel average ratings, when in truth a lot of people would most likely view them to be below par...for me though, it's my kind of hotel...warm, friendly, with plenty of character!

When we first walked into our rooms, we noticed two things:

1 - the walls had carpet on them...and I don't mean just some ugly old flowery wallpaper that could pass for carpet...I mean ACTUAL carpet, the really ugly kind that you'd have to be dead before you allowed it to be put in your the walls were green and fuzzy and made it look like you were in a room full of moss...I loved it!!

2 - there was a corner of the room that had been...the best way to say it is, partitioned off. That is, 3 walls that didn't reach the ceiling, making a little nook in the corner, with a poorly fitting door in one of them...this was the bathroom...again...I LOVED it! (to be honest that was one of the best showers I'd had in a long time - regardless of the fact the head didn't have a holder)

The beds were insanely springy, but comfortable, and the rooms were perpetually warm.

Service was incredibly friendly as well, a few times we needed someone and there was no one there (it seemed at times that the place was almost a business on the side), but the staff were great whenever we found them!

I sound like I'm giving the place a bad rap that I'm trying to mask, but I'm truthfully not. I really loved staying at this hotel, it contributed greatly to a fantastic trip and I would definitely go back there again. I have just found out that they're having renovations done to the whole place, so I'm assuming that as of now, you may have missed your chance to stroke the walls. I don't actually know if I'd prefer it done up, because most of what I liked about it was the fact that you could tell it hadn't been redone in a veeeery long time, it gave it bundles of character and a lovely homely feel. Who knows?? I'll have to go back to see!

WARNING: If you visit in winter (unless they're included in the renovations) BEWARE OF THE FRONT STEPS!! We nearly killed ourselves on numerous occasions on the masses of ice that built up

Check Hotel du Louvre Rates and Deals