Hotel du Commerce

Hotel du Commerce - Market day I
Hotel du Commerce - Accatone Theater
Hotel du Commerce - Market day III
Hotel du Commerce - Typical window view
Hotel du Commerce - Street view (or a bit below)

Hotel du Commerce Rates and Deals

Hotel du Commerce Paris Reviews

erojas3 erojas3
Below average hostel. Dec 29, 2011
Stayed here for 3 nights, it is located in the Latin Quarter, VERY close to a metro stop and surrounded by lots of small corner stores, outdoor markets, etc.

however the hostel is not that great itself besides location. First, there is no kitchen. There is a refrigerator which everyone can share which is located in the luggage room. If you want to make dinner, lunch, etc you have to go out. The "kitchen" consisting of a microwave, can only be used in the morning...basically you have to go out to get food or make sandwiches all the time. The rooms themselves are quite small, I stayed in a 2 person bedroom with one queen size bed. Bathrooms are located outside the rooms. All 3 days I was there, we never had someone come in to clean the room.

If I were to go to Paris again, I would not stay here. I would definitely find some other place with a kitchen and better services.
sylviandavid says:
Excellent review.... you go to a hostel to save a bit of money but with no kitchen it defeats the purpose. .... hmmmmm.... thanks for this review. .....
Posted on: Mar 20, 2012
spocklogic spocklog…
Latin quarter comfort Jul 16, 2008
I will share this, and not many know about it. It's a little place in the latin quarter called Hotel du Commerce where you can get a room for 40 euros. It may not be grand, but it is in the center of things. It is a traveler friendly place. There are lots of books here for travel reference. The man at the desk is sometimes friendly, sometimes not. Depending on the circumstances of the day, you may get a good response or not, but be nice and it will come back to you in time.

It's not really a hostel, so don't expect that, but it's not really a regular hotel, so don't expect that either. What it is maybe is something in between. There are rooms with bath, some with just sink, and some with none. For those without there are toilets and sinks on the floors and shower in the lobby floor (2 euros to use it). Perhaps inconvenient as the hotel does have a fair amount of stairs (and no elevator). I did not use the common area kitchen and dined out, so I cannot speak on this aspect. But it's Paris for god's sake, live a little - that's my advice!

I like the latin quarter - it has international dining, bookstores, philosophers, musicians and a plethora of arts beyond, and you won't find a cheaper place in 5e than this for what you get. Near the Hotel du Commerce you can find yourself close to the Pantheon, Jardin du Luxemborg, theaters, shops and market days on Saturday. Central, Cheap and Comfortable. This particular street has a diversity in cuisine (Tibetan, Bulgarian, Italian, etc). I enjoyed this up and down the street. There is a market at the end of the street on Saturday if you stay in extended ways and need fresh produce for the week. It is convenient in that way too.

Enjoy Paris and the Latin quarter if you stay here. The Hotel du Commerce is cheap Latin quarter comfort for a good sleep. The rooms aren't fancy, quite basic actually, and only cleaned weekly, but I found it something special in price and location for what you get. As Solomon said in Proverbs 23:7, "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." This idea reflects such travels ways here in my opinion...
Street view (or a bit below)
Typical window view
Market day I
Market day II
spocklogic says:
It's clean enough I guess, but still a little weird I thought that the shower is 2 euros. They do provide towels though. The rooms are cheap anyway and the location is good.
Posted on: Mar 21, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for this review..... very interesting place to have you pay for a shower..... but perhaps it would be worth it if it's clean & nice.
Posted on: Mar 20, 2012

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel du Commerce

Paris Perspectives II
This was my second trip to Paris. I was interested in seeing some things I missed on my first trip, but mainly I was keen on relaxing in the Parisian atmosphere as this was the last 3 days of a two w…Hotel du Commerce (14 Rue de la Montagne Ste Genevieve) in the Latin district of Paris. This is a bare…

Check Hotel du Commerce Rates and Deals