Hotel de la Porte Doree

Hotel de la Porte Doree Rates and Deals

Hotel de la Porte Doree Paris Reviews

earthoddity earthodd…
Easy to reach all the sights Oct 25, 2012
Glynnes review says it all, not much I can really add. Initially I was hesitant to book here due to the location (12th), but once I purchased my metro carnet I had no problems reaching anywhere. The area is non touristy which I appreciated after a long day battling with crowds. Local shops consisted of a delicious patisserie, fast food outlets, french bistros, supermarket, pharmacy, plus a fruit and vegetable market appeared on Thursday and Sunday. The hotel looks very French in its choice of decor; my room was very clean, super comfy bed. Although my room was on the 4th floor, I could still hear the metro running beneath the building, however this never affected my sleep. As far as Paris hotel prices go, this was a steal, so don’t be put off by the location

The only negative was the bus 46 ride from Gare du Nord, it took about 45mins and the scenery was dismal, so I’d advise you take the metro to the hotel instead.
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review.
Posted on: Aug 28, 2011
yeshan yeshan
In Line with Paris Dec 27, 2012
In a city where everything is pretty expensive , Hotel Porte Doree is just about average on the value for money index. Its positives are the easy access to the metro station (50 meteres or even less), and considering the flat pricing (wherever u get off its just one ticket) applicable in the Paris metro distance sud not be made an issue. The neighbor hood is highly recommended and safe for tourists with many fast food shops and and restaurants in the area. A few local attractions within walking distance. The room sizes are small and is what you expect in an expensive city, try to avoid the morning buffet if you are really specific about what you want to to have for breakfast. Its a old hotel and highly recommended for first time visitors to Paris as it helps you blend in with the city of rich history. Take a walk down the stair case the ambiance will help you believe you are actually in the past. Kind and friendly staff and very multi lingual so do not worry about the language you speak! :-) p.s. the pictures on their official website are nowhere the real ones, so , do not go by the surrounding on it ! your room window wont be above a lake :-)
The vintage stair case : 5 starts …
The morning resturant
haha the ULTRA Thin lift :-)
the Hall ways
Samten Samten
Nice place with a good location Dec 28, 2012
The Hotel de la Porte Doree has a central location. The next subway stop Porte Dorée is only 50m away and other public transportation is close by as well. The main road is full of shops and restaurants so going out for breakfast, lunch or dinner is no problem at all. The price is average we paid 80 Euro for 1 night double room with breakfast. Breakfast had a big variety with only organic food from the farms of the Paris countryside. The room was very small so only the bed could fit in and the bathroom was only useable by one person at a time. The staff was very friendly and help us with information about the area. They have a great website, but pls dont believe all they show and tell there ;)I would stay there again, maybe asking for a bigger room.
laestrella laestrel…
Great Hotel Feb 24, 2011
I really loved this hotel. I picked it based on reviews I read on travbuddy and other sites. The price I paid for a triple was a lot less then other hotels I looked at. Initially I didn't plan to eat breakfast but kids under 10 were free, so 10 euros for three people was a great deal.

The hotel is in the 12th arrondissment but only a short metro ride to anywhere you want to go. The metro stop Porte Doree is literally outside the door. I read reviews that complained about metro noise but I didn't have any problem sleeping at all and we were on the first floor.

Overall, it was a great price, location, and a beautiful hotel, I will definetely stay there again when I return to Paris.
jynmarino says:
Thanks so much for the review. It's made looking for someone to stay in Paris much easier! Happy travelling:) x
Posted on: Aug 11, 2012
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2011
Glynnes Glynnes
Great value, Clean and Friendly hotel Oct 02, 2010
Hotel De La Porte Dorée ( is located at 273 Avenue Daumesnil in the 12th Arrondissement section of Paris, 75012. Upon arrival at the Gare du Nord Station in Paris, via the EuroStar, I took the Number 46 bus to Hotel De La Porte Dorée. I was greeted by the smell of scented burning candles at the hotel’s entrance and the colors of the décor (chairs, curtains, art works, furniture and floor) in the lobby made me feel at ease and relaxed to know that I made the good choice by selecting Hotel De La Porte Dorée for my stay while in Paris. The hotel’s lobby and reception area are exactly the way it is shown on the website. I arrived at the hotel early, having taken a 6:55am train from London, and check-in was not until 14.00 hours. The receptionist at the front desk was pleasant and greeted me with a warm “Bonjour Madame”. After saying who I was, Christina informed me that my room was ready, which was a pleasant and welcomed surprised to hear. I was also given the run down on the amenities (breakfast hours, Champagne flutes, ice machine, computer room, free internet access are available for use, etc.) the hotel offers all with a matter of minutes – “VERY NICE”. I took the elevator to the 3rd floor, my room was number 31. When I made the reservation on the hotel’s website, I requested a twin room on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the hotel. I paid 88 Euros per night for a twin room.

The hallways of Hotel De La Porte Dorée are attractively decorated with artwork, flowers and the staircases with filled with bookshelves. Room #31 was clean, warm, bright and spacious and charmingly decorated. The beautiful hardwood parquet floors were spotless and warm. I basically had four rooms to relax in and enjoy: Large spacious bedroom area (two twin beds with goose-down fill duvet covered comforters, plenty of pillows, telephone, two chairs, wall mounted plasma Cable television, desk areas, large mirror and a large double panned window that opened to the back of the hotel), dressing room (had a place to hang and store folded clothes, store my two largge suitcases, and a safe), bathroom with a window that opened (towel warmer that was on and filled with lots of clean towels, a big beautiful clean bath tub, shower, sink, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and shower gel), and private commode area with scented toilet paper). The comfortable bed was truly a welcome blessing after a day of sightseeing -- "the bed" WoW! The room was serviced daily, so I received fresh towels, toiletries were replenished, and the bed way made by the time I returned in the evening. The Free Wi-Fi and use of the computer room helped with checking emails and the elevator worked every day while I was there with no problems.

The delightful daily breakfast buffet is served on the first floor in the breakfast room. The breakfast includes fresh croissants, French baguette, eggs, ham, fruit, coffee, teas, apple juice, orange juice, yogurt, cereals, homemade jams and several other delights I may have missed, is a great bargain for Paris and a way for you to fuel up for the sightseeing trip ahead.

Hotel De La Porte Dorée is non-smoking hotel is located in a safe Porte Dorée neighborhood of Paris with many inexpensive restaurants, boulangerie (bakery & pastry) shop at 278 Avenue Daumesnil that has tasty fresh bread and boucherie (butcher) shops a few door down that has succulent rotisserie chicken for lunch or a picnic in the Bois de Vincennes Park (located near the hotel). The Parc Floral (a flower garden) and the Vincennes Zoo are also a few blocks and within walking distance from the hotel. I took several walks to the Bastille from the hotel on numerous evenings after having dinner in the Porte Dorée area and had no problems. A Monoprix grocery store is located nearby for you to pick-up bottled water (for your sightseeing walks), any other toiletries and snacks (the hotel has an ice machine). A self-service laundry facility is also within walking distance of the hotel. Some of the other amenities that Hotel de La Porte Dorée offers are: Business center, bar, and a free books exchange. I donated my book: French Toast: An American in Paris Celebrates the Maddening Mysteries of the French, since I had completed reading it.

Every Thursday morning, steps away from the front of the hotel there is a weekly market with several vendors selling fruits, vegetables, cheese, meats, fish and clothes that spans a few blocks down Avenue Daumesnil. The market is a great place to purchase fresh fruits, cheeses and other food items to try and enjoy while walking around Paris.

To get to Hotel De La Porte Dorée from the Gard du Nord Station take the Number 46 bus to the Porte Dorée stop or by metro take the 5 Metro line going in the direction of Place d'Italie to République, then transfer to the line 8 going in the direction Créteil, and exit at the Porte Dorée station. The 46 bus has a better view of Paris, so I opted for the 30 minute bus from Gard du Nord to Hotel De La Porte Dorée.

Excellent train service, the Porte Dorée train stop is a few steps away the front of the hotel, so a quick 15 minutes train ride will take you into the center of Paris and to most major attractions.

Oh Yes, while a train does run under the hotel from 5:45am to 12:30am, I was not bothered while I was at the hotel during the day or at night while I slept and I'm a light sleeper.

Throughout my stay at Hotel De La Porte Dorée, that staff was professional, courteous, helpful, and friendly, all of the things that make Hotel de la Porte Dorée a wonderful place to stay. I enjoyed my stay at Hotel De La Porte Dorée and was able to easily relax and enjoy my visit to Paris.

Hotel De La Porte Dorée is also a Green hotel with many energy saving and eco friendly solutions installed throughout the hotel. The motion sensor lighting throughout the hotel is wonderful.

Telephone: +33 33 1 43 07 56 97

Go and enjoy!
Hotel De La Porte Dorée
46 Bus from Gard Du Nord
Hotel De La Porte Dorée Metro and…
Corner of the Hotel
Glynnes says:
Thanks for the comment on my Hotel De La Porte Doree Paris review. I'll be looking for your review. Enjoy!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011
skiathos says:
Hi Glynnis, love your review and the pictures. I'm visiting Paris next year and will probably book this, thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011
earthoddity says:
So many good reviews on TripAdvisor, no one else seemed phased by the 3mile distance to the centre. I found out I could reach the city along an ancient Roman viaduct, turned into a tree lined parkway, the same parkway featured in the film Before Sunset! Well that was me sold, so I went ahead and booked it at a really good price. Will let you know how it all went. Thanks for all the info.
Posted on: Jun 07, 2011
purplemuse purplemu…
This is what visiting Paris is all about! Oct 18, 2010
I was so lucky to have decided to stay in this hotel for at least 3 nights.

It may not be in the center of Paris but the area is just lovely. Every Sunday morning, there's a morning market just across the hotel where you can get the freshest produce, seafood, bread and sweets! There's a metro literally seconds away from the hotel. Getting around is definitely a piece of cake! You'll find nice restaurants and cafes on the same street where the hotel is! Not to mention, a Monoprix 5 mins away by foot!

The hotel has it's own charm and you'll feel that you are in proper Parisian home. The hotel is modern as it has a television and the bathroom amenities are up to date and totally clean.

The staff are all so helpful and nice.

If you're a light sleeper, don't get a room on the 1st floor as your sleep might get distrupted from hearing the metro downstairs.

The sheets, pillows, mattress and duvet are divine. I even wanted to ask where they got it. It made up for the noisy metro! Definitely! I slept in peace during all those 3 nights I stayed there.

Breakfast was alright. They have an assortment of breads (the croissant is a must try), cold meats, juice, coffee and cereal. For 10euros, you know what you're getting.

I'm looking forward to my next trip in Paris and would definitely stay in this hotel again. Definitely!
laestrella says:

• TV
  • Excursions
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower