Hotel Zonne

Hotel Zonne Rates and Deals

Hotel Zonne Noordwijk Reviews

Lara1988 Lara1988
oke accomodation, probably better in high season Jun 02, 2013
It’s a nice looking hotel, mostly for couples and very close to the beach

I checked in one morning in off season so check-in was speedy. The staff was very young. I guess they were still training because they didn’t understand what I wanted, they had to go to a super to check every time I had a question and they had no change for a 10 euro bill. How crazy is that!

I was in a small room, but despite me asking for a single, the room had two beds. The TV was nice and worked fine but the wifi wasn’t free (6 euro for 50 minutes). The bathroom was clean and had a shower but no bath.

Breakfast was oke, nothing super special but not bad either.

I had good stay here, but I’m not sure I would return in offseason again.
Sweetski Sweetski
Psychedelic experience by the beach Nov 14, 2011
In need of a place to stay close to both my mum in Noordwijk and to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, we found Hotel Zonne’s location was perfect. I knew of the hotel because it is right around the corner from my mum’s, but I had never stayed here.

It’s a nice looking hotel, built in the old coastal style with modern touches. They have two tennis courts and a lovely garden that is no doubt a bonus in Summer. But we were here in winter, so it was too cold to sit outside. This family/couples oriented hotel is situated only a 100 meters from the beach, near the Kite surfer school, but misses the relaxed beach/surfers atmosphere. Their restaurant is used for breakfast as well as dinner

We checked in late afternoon and I made it difficult for the staff because I wanted to check-in AND check-out at the same time. We would be leaving the hotel the next morning before anyone was up, so checking in and out simultaneously made sense. Well, to me anyway. The young and inexperienced staff found it a little confusing. However, they were willing to accommodate me and provided answers and service with a smile. Unfortunately, there was no cash available to give us change from a hundred (at a 75 euro room rate), but maybe that was due to it being off-season?

We were given a smallish room, with two beds, a small but adequate desk and a luggage stand folded away in the closet that had very few cloth hangers. The room was lit by a chandelier which gave a psychedelic light effect as shown in below photos. Luckily, we didn’t have the light on long, otherwise I would have gone mad. There was a TV in the room but it had no signal and WiFi was available but not free (6 euro for 50 minutes). We later learned that the lack of TV-signal was a temporary regional problem (someone cut a cable), so not the hotel’s fault.

The (black & white) bathroom was clean and contemporary and came with a fantastic adjustable shower head that let the water come out like tropical rainfall. I had the best shower experience in my life here. There was only one set of towels, but after requesting an extra set, the same staff member from the check-in desk brought an extra set swiftly. The beds were comfy, not too firm and as always for me, too short. But that’s okay, I’m a tall fellow and used to it.

All in all, I found the value for money decent at best, had a good night sleep and a fantastic shower.
Room with psychedelic light effect
The culprit
not the biggest of rooms...
Almost all you need in one corner
Sweetski says:
Cool?!?! You obviously weren't in the room..., it was maddening :)
Posted on: Dec 11, 2011
Sunflower300 says:
When I first glanced at your review and saw the thumbnails of the photos, I thought the walls were papered in a very strange wallpaper, and that they had even given the ceiling the once over with some unusual paper, but then I read your review and realised it was the shadow the light was throwing around the room. :) It looks cool.
Posted on: Dec 11, 2011
Sweetski says:
You're welcome Sylvia, and thanks for the smiles!
Posted on: Dec 10, 2011

Hotel Zonne Overview

The Hotel Zonne is one of a few Noordwijk hotels found near the center of the city. It is around the southern dunes of the city. It is a little over one mile from the city center and about 150 meters from the beach. The shopping center of the center is less than 10 minutes away. The Hotel Zonne is located at Rembrandtweg 17 in Noordwijk, Netherlands. It is about 20 minutes to and from the Schiphol Airport, as well as Amsterdam and Rotterdam.

Guests can look forward to standard amenities at the Hotel Zonne, including high speed Internet.

Facilities at the Hotel Zonne include an airport shuttle service as well as a business center and a parking lot. Recreational features include several terraces, a tennis court, a bar and a trampoline. There are also meeting rooms for business travelers. Pets are allowed at this hotel. This hotel has been in business for over 30 years.

Hotel Zonne Amenities

• Playground
  • Hiking
  • Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower