Hotel Zinkensdamm

Hotel Zinkensdamm Rates and Deals

Hotel Zinkensdamm Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
I felt like in a sports club Mar 24, 2010
Hotel Zinkensdamm is situated in the area of Stockholm that is named Södermalm; it is an area of Stockholm with a wide and varied selection of shops, cinemas, galleries, restaurants and bars. You have to be aware that this hotel is situated a bit away from all that.

In my quest of finding a good hotel in Stockholm where I can spend a good part of my stays in the summertime I had ended up at Hotel Zinkensdamm. The Taxi driver that took me there had to ask a couple of times before he got the address but he knew where it was without turning his GPS on, which I regarded as a plus for where I was going.

When the driver drove up in front of the hotel he said to me that he had been driving taxi in the city for many years but it was the first time he ever had set a customer of at this place. I could just agree with him that it was the first time for me as well.

The hotel is situated close to Tantolunden, which is the largest park in Stockholm. It was pretty cold when I was there so I was not going to use the park. There were still snow almost everywhere and I decided fast that I would spend the evening and night at the Hotel.

When I entered I felt that I had entered a youth hostel but the prices were comparable to the other hotels that I had stayed in Stockholm. The reception and the welcoming area reminded me of entering a sports club in Germany. The girl behind the reception was fast and smiling; just what I needed after a long day of work and travel from Copenhagen. She gave me a room on the second floor and told me that I would find the elevator at the end of the hall.

In the same moment I was walking to the corridor with the elevator and bus full of young school children stopped in front of the hotel and children ran in to the reception area. In that moment I thought that my night sleep would disappear like ice cream in a kindergarten on a sunny day, but me worst expectations would not come true.

I entered my room and was so-so pleasantly surprised; the hotel room were semi modern and decorated in warm earthy tones. The room was decorated in a country style and they had managed to have well planned work areas with loads of jacks for computers and mobile phones.

I looked out of the window and say snow almost everywhere and the kindergarten in front of my window and feared the worst again. I wanted to eat early and make it early to bed because I had been up in the middle of the night in order to get to Stockholm early in the morning.

I went down to the hotel’s restaurant called The Zinkadus Bar & Café. The place is open every day until late in the evening and every morning; it was also the place where they served the breakfast.

After my dinner I went back to my room and enjoyed the comfortable bed and a surprisingly quiet night. The hotel had looked like a negative surprise when I arrived but it was better than its first impression.
The room
The bathroom
The work corner
The bed
Glynnes says:
Great review and photos. Thanks for sharing;-D
Posted on: Jun 09, 2010

Hotel Zinkensdamm Overview

Situated in the trendy Sdermalm district of Stockholm Zinkensdamm Hotel is a great starting point to many of Stockholm's attractions. Only two stops away on the metro the very efficient metro system you will find Gamla Stan, the Royal Palace and the Swedish Parliament.

Sdermalm itself is the part of Stockholm that offers the widest selection of culture and entertainment in the form of shops, restaurants, bars and theatres.
The rooms are well lit and include free wifi, cable TV, a desk and a bathroom.
The hotel also offers a sauna and bicycle rental - perfect for the park next door to the hotel

Zinkadus Bar & Caf is open every day until late in the evening serving Swedish classics and every morning a large breakfast buffet with freshly baked bread, hot dishes, fruit and other tasty and healthy foods are served.
The nearest metro station, Hornstull, is a only 10 minutes walk from the hotel

• TV
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower