Hotel Zenit Lisboa

Check Lisbon Hotel Deals

Hotel Zenit Lisboa Lisbon Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Hotel Zenit Lisboa Feb 23, 2011
Thought I had already done a review of this hotel, because this was the second time I have stayed here. When my mate and I knew we were going back to Lisbon, there was no searching the web for places to stay, we just booked up here again, which says it all really.

Takes about 20 minutes in a taxi from the airport to get to the hotel, and should set you back about €15, and let's you start to find your bearings from the hotel.

Set at the top end of the city centre, there are 2 metro stations nearby to get you downtown. Saldanha, cut across the Av 5 De Outubro and down a side street, or Picoas which is down the hill, past the Portugal Telecom building, towards Marques De Pombal. Actually nice to keep walking this way and carry on walking, down the Avenida De Liberdade, and you can be in the area around Rossio in 20-30 minutes.

The hotel looks smart as soon as you walk into it and up to the reception.Staff speak a variety of different languages and were very helpful. The restaurant looked really good, but we were never in at meal times, nor up for breakfast :D.

Rooms are average sized but really well furnished and comfortable, and have a safety deposit box built in. Free wifi throughout the hotel, and no problems with reception in the room.

The room had air conditioning and a minibar, and on arrival I chose to ignore one and use the other and opend the doors to what can only be considered a 'half balcony' dragged a chair up and sat with a beer in the warmth.

Toilets are immaculate, with all the facilities and well stocked with toiletries and other travel grooming products.

TV had a whole load of satellite channels in loads of languages, French,German,Italian, Russian and English and included my own favourite while travelling BBC World 8).

Hotel is set in a quiet area and noise was never a problem, apart from mabe when we were coming back at night ;) We always stopped at the bar in the lobby, and the barman was great, sorting the beers and throwing free nibbles.

I found the beds REALLY comfortable, on both occasions, and probably responsible for some of the best kips I've had on my travels.

Would reccommend here to anyone going, business travellers, tourists and families,as for the quality of the hotel it really isn't that expensive. If/when I am back in Lisbon I already know where I'm staying :)
Zenit Reception Area