Hotel Zarenhof Friedrichshain

Check Berlin Hotel Deals

Hotel Zarenhof Friedrichshain Berlin Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Back again - and truly enjoyed it Aug 01, 2014
I was back again at Hotel Zarenhof Friedrichshain because the location was perfect for the International Beer Festival, which I was attending during my stay in Berlin. The Beer festival was only located some 500 meters from the hotel and as I had experienced an year earlier.

This time I was given a room which was without the kitchen but that didn't matter. The room was nice and bright, overviewing the backyard. The bed was still nice but low and everything worked otherwise in the room and the bathroom.

I was not able to find a parking space on the street so I had to use the garage which was located across the street underneath a newly built house. My car is pretty big and the space was really tight getting the car in there.
Chokk Chokk
Great hotel and great location Aug 02, 2013
The hotel was located in Boxhagener Strasse and I passed it a couple of times in order to find a parking space for my car. The hotel did not have it’s own parking but after driving around the area a couple of times I found a space 200 meters from the hotel. It was extremely hot and after a short but intense walk in 37 degrees I finally entered the hotel that was located near the corner between Warschauer Strasse and Boxhagener Strasse.

I entered the hotel that looked small from the outside. In front of the hotel they had some tables, where some guests were hanging out with a cold beer taking shadow from the sun. I went in to the reception that was located almost just inside the door. The Hotel gave a good first impression right away as I entered. I enjoyed the bright and nicely decorated breakfast room situated next to the reception. The tables were nicely decorated and everything was ready for the next dinner.

There were two guys behind the counter, even though they seemed very busy they quickly found my room that was located on the 4th floor. It became quiet fast evident what they were busy with because just before I was heading to my room they had to inform me about that their elevator did not work due to the heat. At that moment I was just pleased about one thing and that was that I only had brought my backpack with stuff enough to one night. I was already sweaty by the thought of getting to the 4th floor and walked the stairs. They said the problem was that it was an old building and the elevator had been built later and it was located in a glass tube attached to the building and that became too warn in this weather condition.

My room was huge and really bright, which was quite natural since it was on the top floor and also given the fact that he room had 4 huge windows facing the inner yard behind the houses. The hotel room was more of an apartment than a hotel room, because it also had a small kitchen. There was a huge king size bed along one of the short walls and a sleeping couch in the corner. There was a nice desk and a flat screen on the wall. I was quite pleased with what I had gotten. It also turned out that the bathroom was huge and I was really surprised that I could get a room like this in Berlin for less than 60 euro.

One thing that I even liked more than the hotel room was the area the hotel was located in; it was a complete surprise for me. I felt like I was back in the Sternschanze area in Hamburg, which is my preferred area there. I really liked the casualness and the laid back atmosphere of this neighborhood. There were cafés, bars and cheap ethnic restaurants everywhere together with second hand shops. I truly have to come back and really thoroughly have to examine this part of Berlin again.
The hotel from outside
The breakfast area
The hotel room
The little kitchen

Hotel Zarenhof Friedrichshain Overview

Location. Hotel Zarenhof Friedrichshain is located in Berlin's Friedrichshain neighborhood close to O2 World Alexanderplatz and Pergamon Museum.

Hotel Zarenhof Friedrichshain Amenities

• TV
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower