Hotel XX Settembre Rome

Hotel XX Settembre Rome Rates and Deals

Hotel XX Settembre Rome Reviews

toferik toferik
Ok for a short stay in Rome Apr 02, 2010
I arrived in Rome and Termini central station with high anticipations for Hotel XX Settembre in Rome. According to the pictures on the webside it was a luxurious hotel. After searching the streets for this hotel, which I booked before leaving, I finally found it. The lobby was quite small, and I had to cross the street and walk up 4 flights of narrow stairs to get to my room. The smallest (and slowest) elevator I've seen made the choice simple: walking!

Entering my room I was surprised at how short time I used to see my entire room. It was a small hallway, a bed and a weird positioned TV. The bathroom was the best with the room.

Anyway, I was ready for a small room, knowing I'd only stay a few days. All I wanted was an OK bed, which I got, and a good breakfast. This I did NOT get.

On arriving to my first breakfast I was told there was no more bread left. I tried cornflakes with milk, but the milk was luke warm. Perhaps a southern-European custom, but not where I come from. I then tried a yoghurt, which either was out of date or sour or something else. Not too good. I left and had a milkshake at a nearby cafe instead.

The next day they had bread left, but the milk was still warm, som I had to settle for bread with sweaty ham and cheese.

All in all I got what I paid for, but I thought the net-ad was misleading, as always. OK for a few days, if you're prepared for just having an OK bed and good bathroom.

And by the way: don't expect any English-speaking channels. There aren't any. At all!

Hotel XX Settembre Rome Overview

Location.
Hotel XX Settembre is located in central Rome, close to Diocletian Bath, Teatro dell'Opera di Roma, and Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore. Nearby points of interest also include Roman Forum and Colosseum.

Hotel Features.
This 3-star property offers small meeting rooms, secretarial services, and limo/town car service. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas. The property offers a roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge). A bar/lounge is open for drinks. A complimentary breakfast is served each morning. Room service is available during limited hours. Other property amenities at this Beaux Arts property include a concierge desk, multilingual staff, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby.

Guestrooms.
31 air-conditioned guestrooms at Hotel XX Settembre feature minibars and safes. Beds come with down blankets. Bathrooms feature showers with handheld showerheads. They also offer bidets and hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to desks and complimentary newspapers, guestrooms offer direct-dial phones. Flat-panel televisions have satellite channels. Also included are blackout drapes/curtains and clock radios. Housekeeping is offered daily and guests may request wake-up calls.

Notifications and Fees:

There are no room charges for children 1 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.

Some properties have extra fees for amenities or services that may apply even if you do not use them. Government fees or taxes also may be charged to you when you check in or check out. This property told us they will charge you for the following: A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 2 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age. We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.

The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out. Airport shuttle fee: EUR 55-120 per vehicle (one way) Rollaway bed fee: EUR 40 per night

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

Notifications and Fees:

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

Hotel XX Settembre Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower