Hotel Wictoria

Check Mariestad Hotel Deals

Hotel Wictoria Mariestad Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Small and cosy hotel Jun 30, 2016
I was driving across Sweden from Stockholm towards Gothenburg and had decided not to take a hotel in Gothenburg this time because I wanted to see another part of Sweden this time. After consulting some colleagues I decided to stop in Mariestad, which supposed to be a nice and beautiful place.

When I entered the city at 20 minutes to 9pm the rain just started to pour down and it was almost impossible to see any thing. Being a small town hotel the reception closed at 9pm so I was in a hurry. I found the hotel and managed to get my stuff inside the hotel without getting completely wet. I was expected in the reception where I got handed my key almost in the same movement as the guy closed the reception. The restaurant had closed at 8pm and I was offered a cookie and a cup of coffee; it was all they had.

The interior was funny countryside meeting Pippi Longstocking┬┤ish and my room was in the back of the hotel on the second floor. The was no elevator and the floorboards were squeaking while I was walking passed all the rooms getting there.

The room was ok, it was like visiting a small old summerhouse in the Swedish countryside. There was a small livingroom with an old sofa. The bedroom was dominated by a huge bed that was so high that you almost had to do a Fosbury flop to get into the bed. The bathroom was nice in size but also reminded me of days in strange summerhouses that I have rented when I was broke when studying.

The breakfast was nice but had been attacked by German travelers before I arrived and the leftovers were easy to spot as there was a lot of air in-between the items.
The hotel
From the hotel entrance
The livingroom
The fosbury flop bed
hightide says:
Congrats on your featured review :)
Posted on: Sep 16, 2016
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured review Christian!
Posted on: Sep 16, 2016
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature Christian!
Posted on: Sep 15, 2016