Hotel Whiz

Check Yogyakarta Hotel Deals

Hotel Whiz Yogyakarta Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Whiz Hotel Yogyakarta Feb 13, 2014
From outside, the hotel building looks very sleek and modern, the lobby looks very clean and cool with air condition. I just walk in and ask the reception if they have a room for the night. It seems they still have a room and I book straight without seeing the room first.

We get the room on the ground floor near the reception area, right at the very end of the corridor with a view facing the garden of the breakfast room, so we cannot open the curtain since people can see inside our room.

The room itself quite small and the wall looks kind of yellowish, and the lighting is not good, a bit dark inside with the curtain closed.

There is one tiny table supposedly function as a working desk, but it was very tinny. The flat screen television and air condition working well in this hotel. Wifi also available throughout the whole building.

Inside the room, there is separate shower and toilet, unfortunately the toilet room is soo small and it was a wee bit difficult to go inside the toilet since the door and the hand basin location is really tied, and I am not a big person – I wonder what happen with a big fat people in this hotel, probably would not be able to go inside the toilet – or maybe the hotel should advertise in advance that this hotel cater to small person only due to the space in the toilet.

Anyway, the shower working well with hot and cold water and plenty of toiletries available.

Negative points on this place is the floor matt, it seems they cut the towel into 2 and put it as a floor matt, and it was dark and dirty. This hotel is not cheap, cost IDR475,000 = usd47.50 per night for weekday and IDR 600,000 = usd60 for the weekend. However, the way they do things like this floor matt is kind of cheap and no class at all.

Secondly the buffet breakfast. It called buffet and I expect I can take as much food as I like to eat, but not the case in this place. They have several main dishes but you need to choose only one dish per person and if you want more than one dish, you have to pay extra. You are not allow to take the food yourself, the staff will take it for you and bring it to your table. I think this is ridiculous, should not call buffet breakfast in the first place if you need to order and can get one item only.

However, bread and fruits is free and you can take it yourself.

Overall, it was okay hotel, clean, strong and fast wifi signal, good air condition, and the staff is friendly and helpful but for this kind of price, I would expect more of the hotel facilities and the breakfast. I probably would not stay here anymore since plenty of hotel in this area with similar price and better facilities.
the bedroom
bathroom
the room
the hotel building
nolan says:
Obviously they don't know the meaning of the word "buffet". Maybe they meant buffet selection but only single consumption :P
Posted on: Mar 17, 2014
tj1777 tj1777
Whiz Hotel Feb 13, 2014
The hotel is a decent midrange hotel at a good location. It is close to the main street with the Marlborough Mall and the many small shops and restaurants on the street. Likewise it is close to the train station if you need to depart by train. The hotel is in a modern looking building seen from the outside and when we get in the door the reception looks quite modern.

We get a room on the ground floor at the end of the hallway leading away from the reception. The room is facing an internal courtyard away from the streets so it is very quiet and we cannot hear any sounds from the streets outside.

The room has what you need in the form of a bed, air-con, a small desk and a flat screen television. The bathroom is separated in a shower and a toilet on each side of the room. I am not a huge favor of the design since the room is just a bit too small to separate the two parts - and when trying to open the door it is a bit inconvenient to get in and out of the toilet due to insufficient space.

There is Wi-Fi available in the room and it is a fairly good connection. A fact we appreciated on the second day where we were more or less confined to the room due to a nearby volcano eruption which had covered the entire city in a thick layer of volcanic ashes.

There is breakfast included in the morning - the breakfast is in principal a buffet but you can only choose one of the dishes in the breakfast buffet. It is a traditional Asian breakfast menu - and since I am not a great fan of Asian food with rice and stuff for breakfast I am not terrible bother by the fact I can’t try all the rice based dishes on the buffet. For more European orientated breakfast eaters the selection isn’t all that big - but there is a bit of bread available including some butter and jam and you can have some strange fruit sticks to get a bit of fresh fruit. I am not sure I really get why you want to put fruit on a stick instead of just presenting it on a plate - but apparently this is the way it is done at the Whiz Hotel.

The second day I was pretty impressed with how they managed to keep the hotel fairly clean. There was a lot of ash flying around in the city due to the volcano eruption. So every time a guest walked in the door they would drag some ash along with them. Despite all this ash the hotel staff managed to keep the reception room all most free of ash. When we were having breakfast we actually didn’t notice any ash from the volcano until we watch out the window. And down at our room we didn’t have any ash from the volcano inside which was a good surprise.
The bed