Hotel Whitcomb

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals

Hotel Whitcomb San Francisco Reviews

amarie26 amarie26
Nice hotel, location not so nice Mar 27, 2011
Hotel Whitcomb is a beautiful old hotel but the area that it is located in is not the best area you want to stay while visiting San Francisco. Your close to the BART but lets say you wake up and want breakfast, you have to take the BART to go to an area where there is lots of cafes and shops. This area does not have cafes and shops in a reasonable walking distance. However if you want to be in downtown SF bc you want to be close to the Art school nearby, then its a great place.

Overall the hotel isn't bad. Its a nice hotel. Unique, historical, and elegant, but the location is what made my experience so-so. The price was average but I felt I could of stayed somewhere just as nice in a better location.

Hope this helps?
S-Jay S-Jay
Beautiful Hotel Feb 16, 2009
The Whitcomb Hotel was booked by the university and we paid the cost. We didnt have a say in it & was excpecting a rather modest but clean hotel like a travel inn.

Pulling up to the hotel however, all you could hear was gasps of excitment and disbelief from 38 students. It looked amazing from the outside (so very posh!) and we just could waite to get inside!.

Pulling up we were greeted by a usher in top & tails, with a bowler hat on! Who the escorted us into the lobby. The Lobby, that has a class of its own. Filled with ellegant mirrors & beautiful light features & fittings and dark deep red old leather recliners. Heaven. We also had another shock in store, the hotel has a built in StarBucks! (I myself am not that overly excited by coffee, however some of the other students were in heaven).

We were given our room keys, and the hotel had managed to organise that all the students & staff where on the same lever (7). Which was a sign of good organisation and care. Good service!

I opened my bedroom door and was greeted with the most amazing double bed I have ever laid eyes on. If it would have fitted in my case, there is no question that it would be mine. With pure white sheets & a deep red throw it was devine. The room had two double beds (as we shared), a large desk & chair, a recliner chair & TV (which had normal channels + movie channels that you did have to pay for). The bathroom was delicious & had a marble walk in shower with jet settings. (This would have also been doing in my case if I had had my way). The room also contained a large chest of drawers, two bed side tables and a walk in wardrobe. Everything a girl could wish for.

We found out that the cost of a double room a night was $89 (which is about (£75) with the current rate (AAAAArrrggggg),I have never paid that much for a hotel in all my life. So a weeks payment works out at $534 plus tax! (In the UK we dont have to add tax, it was the annoying part of the US). However, it was worth the money. It was a treat.

The one downside about the hotel room, is that it did not contain a mini fridge, so that you could keep any drinks cool that you had purchased. However, on each floor lever there was an Ice room, where you could fill an ice bucket up free of charge.

The hotel holds functions, while we stayed we saw over 4 functions in 6 days. This, if you dont mind is very intreasting. However, if you wanted a peaceful, relaxing setting, this ISNT the hotel for you. It is the very opposite. Within the hotel lobby, they have an Internet Cafe that charges $10 per hour, aswel as having a mini shop that holds sweets & crisps & sells postage stamps. DONT get your stamps from there, they charge $2 for a 93p stamp that you can get from the post office that is just a street away. Downstairs also was home to a first class restraunt (which charged $15 dollors for a bloody mary, o.0 < my face when I asked the price & then just said id have a coke).

The hotel is also opposite two theaters, which have reagular performances of various acts. Plus various food facilities & shops.

All the staff are very friendly, some speak little English however. We were made to feel welcomed & nothing was too much trouble.

If I could afford to, Id go there again. So who knows! :)
Wow
My bed!
Walk in wardrobe
Some of the gang in the lobby!
azsalsa says:
Yes, these hotels can "nickle and dime" you to death. Everything is an added cost! I had to smile at your comment about the bed. We are so spoiled in the U.S. when it comes to bed sizes. I immediately groan when I walk into a hotel room and see anything smaller than a king size bed! :-) When I travel in Europe and England I have to remind myself that I'm going to have sleepless nights trying to cram myself and my 6'3" tall husband into a double! When I moved to England back in the late 90's, I shipped my Queen sized bed airfreight and then couldn't get it up the stairs in our house! My husband had to cut the box frame in order to bend it!
Posted on: Mar 17, 2009
megzt84 megzt84
Dec 28, 2007
I really liked this hotel.

The lobby area was really nice. Staff were friendly.

Rooms were very clean and the beds were really comfortable.
cari cari
Jul 19, 2006
So you want to stay inexpensively in San Francisco, but you want to be where the action is? You might consider the Ramada on Market Street.Market Street is to San Francisco what Oxford Street is to London: it's the main thoroughfare, and you can take it to pretty much anywhere you want to go. However, San Francisco, unlike London, is only 64 square miles, so no matter where you stay you can still probably get to wherever you want to go.The Ramada, though, is just across the street from the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, the public library, and a Burger King. Union Square and the SF MOMA are a brisk walk away, but it's do-able.The place itself straddles the line between "historic" and "run-down." The rooms are less-than-generous in size, but it's San Francisco - there's not a lot of room to go around. All the basic amenities are there, but it's not a luxury hotel, it's a conveniently located value establishment. Think of it as the Imperial Palace of San Francisco. You can stay for a night or two, but any longer might get uncomfortable.

Hotel Whitcomb Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower