Hotel Vondel

Hotel Vondel Rates and Deals

Hotel Vondel Amsterdam Reviews

lilmagil lilmagil
Charm and location Jan 06, 2013
Hotel Vondel is nicely located for travelers who walk or use public transportation. The hotel itself is charming and attractive, though be prepared for tight fits and close quarters as is typical in Amsterdam.

My room, 405 on the 4th floor, was nicely decorated with a serene view of trees and rooftops. The bathroom is tiny, but the rainfall shower was spacious and very pleasant (no bath tub). There were two significant drawbacks to this room: being on the top floor, the wifi connect was not very strong and so we only paid for one (expensive) 24-hour pass and then found internet access elsewhere. If you plan to use the hotel's wifi, request a room on a lower floor. (The hotel restaurant does have a computer station for guest use, and it was generally available around mid-day and late in the evening.) The second drawback to being on the 4th floor is that the housekeeping staff seemed to start at the first floor and work up, so that it was around 5pm or 6pm by the time our room was cleaned. If you happen to be jetlagged, or like to have a rest between sightseeing and dinner, make a request to the desk clerk to have your room cleaned earlier in the day so you won't be disturbed in the evening.

The staff at Vondel was very kind and helpful. We enjoyed our stay there and will stay again if a good price is available.
tiny bath (405)
Room 405
GregGeo GregGeo
Looking for a relaxing, brilliant boutique hotel in the Dam??..... Jun 26, 2011
OK, so if your back packing around europe, find yourself in Amsterdam and want budget accomodation this isnt probably for you. However, if you fancy a few nights of stylish luxury, in one of the most relaxing parts amongst the hustle bustle of Amsterdam, or want a short break with your boyf/girlf/hubby/wife etc etc I would recomend here.

I stupidly arrived late on a weekend night without booking anywhere, and it was a god send to find this place. I probably paid a bit over the odds "for the last remaining room" for not pre-booking, so I would advise to do so.

The location does this place wonders. Its tucked away just off leidseplein, which for me, is a much better location than dam square, red light district etc (although its still only a very short journey to these locations), as its still pretty damn lively, but away from the more rauchus stag doo's etc.

The hotel is very modern, stylish etc and lives up too its boutique status. The restaraunt was very good, and the staff were fantastic, helpful and friendly.

I will return next time I venture to the dam, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

oh, one last thing, check out the "interesting" art work on the walls, not my cup of tea, but they certainly add character.
Audra25 Audra25
Cool, luxury hotel in Leidesplein area Sep 06, 2009
Recently took my first trip to Amsterdam from June 20th to June 23rd 2009, my dutch friend recommended staying down south Amsterdam, Leidseplein area. I selected Vondel because it was in a quiet area but close to all shops and attractions.

Vondel is in a quiet leafty location, within few minutes walk to trams (nos, 1, 2 and 5), vondel park, bars, shops, musemums etc.

Lovely layouts and designs in the foyer, restaurant/bar, sitting rooms. Lift was very small and narrow, one person with a luggage or two people with no luggages was all it can take! Breakfast, dinner or lunch is not include in the price. However there's plenty of cafes near the hotel, Any pancake houses are worth a visit!!

The bedroom was unbelievablly small. I was given a narrow room with bunk beds (as a single traveller). However there's small plasma tvs infront of the beds (bbc 1 channel was available, and the subtitles worked if you need it), you can watch the tv in comfort from your bed. Shower room was beautifully designed with power shower, but also very small, (not ideal to share the bathroom)

Do not use the hotel's internet they charge the earth. I was given a free bottle of red wine (to apologise I suppose), because the day after I arrived, the maid came in my room (10.30am in the morning for cleaning, and for some reason I could not find the "Do not Disturb" sign the night before so I could have a late lie-in bed in the morning) and opened the bathroom door and caught me butt naked stepping out of the shower!!!

Overall a nice and comfortable hotel, great location, (few minutes walk to all attractions), polite and friendly staff, I would stay at the hotel again.

Highly recommended, if money is no object. but worth booking a double or triple room (for the space and to store your luggage).
restaurant
chill out sitting room leading to …
hotel lobby
hotel lobby
Petitsing Petitsing
Dec 03, 2007
Very very nice comfortable modern hotel... I was really glad to spend my first single travel experience with it... :)

Hotel Vondel Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shoe Shine
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Vondel

Amsterdam December 2006
Amsterdam, December 2006   The wife, a mate, the wife’s friend and I went for a weekend break early December from Friday morning to Sunday mid-day. We stayed at the Hotel Acro, near the Rijk…Hotel Acro, near the Rijks museum and Vondel Park . We have all been to Amsterdam a few times before…

Check Hotel Vondel Rates and Deals