Hotel Villa Carlotta

Check Taormina Hotel Deals

Hotel Villa Carlotta Taormina Reviews

Deaf-Debo Deaf-Debo
The Lovely 'Fairy-Tale' Boutique Villa Carlotta! Dec 06, 2010
For my third visit to Taormina I stayed at the charming castle-like boutique 4 star Villa Carlotta for 3 weekend nights recently. On the first evening, when I arrived, Simona was waiting outside the entrance door for me, greeting me like I was a V.I.P. after I got out of the chauffeured car! WOW, I fell in love with Villa Carlotta at once after seeing a very characteristic reception area with huge Arab windows like a dream! She took me to the roof top Sicilian character restaurant to meet Antonella who provided me with a welcome drink – a glass of lovely fresh orange juice. I enjoyed drinking in the galaxy Tower lounge with the lovely ‘red’ coloured lights – very romantic! It has a library next door! The hotel owner Mr Quartucci came to greet me before Simona took me to a very charming room number 204. I admired my room’s good size luxury en-suite with lovely décor and it was very clean!

Later on, I went to their roof top restaurant for dinner – Antonella and the waiters looked after me so well! I enjoyed Villa Carlotta's delicious home-prepared Anchovies in lemon leaves. Afterwards, I enjoyed exploring the elegant Byzantine lounge bar, as well as the aristocratic 19th Century staircases and corridors with some Vintage Roman numeral clocks that made me feel I had time-travelled into the 19th Century!

The next morning, I opened my room’s curtains – WOW, what an amazing sea view at sunrise – like paradise with the palm trees! Best view from room 204!! I enjoyed my breakfast on the outdoor breakfast terrace outside the roof top restaurant with a stunning sea view, Giardini Naxos Bay and snow-capped Mount Etna – the waitresses Maria and Luana looked after everyone first class! Villa Carlotta has a beautiful Mediterranean garden and swimming pool!

They offer you a free cooking class! Mrs Quartucci invited me to join her for a short brief cooking course! She took a photo and recorded a video clip of me filling the cream into the cake, watched by the cook Leonarda at Villa Carlotta!

In the evening, I went to their sister hotel Villa Ducale by a free shuttle. I was excited to meet the staff again, Alessia, Antonio, Luca, Santina and the others, who greeted me. I had stayed there twice in 2009. Villa Ducale’s reception and lounge area have a new décor with the WOW factor! I had a lovely meal on the new-look cocktail terrace. Great night out for me!

Taormina is a very attractive town with many shops and cafes – only a 5 mins’ walk from Villa Carlotta. The attentive and informative staff would be very happy to help you with booking the excursions, or any information on Sicily, flights, etc. Riccardo helped me with printing my boarding pass for my homeward flight from the computer.

I should also add that Villa Carlotta is disability aware, because they have the elevator with Braille for blind, or partially sighted guests. It has a front entrance door with wheelchair access for disabled or elderly guests (also great for moving heavy baggage with small wheels). I am profoundly deaf myself – they all treated me with such respect!

During my last day at Villa Carlotta, I felt so sad after saying good-bye to all the lovely staff and the owners at Villa Carlotta and Villa Ducale. I would certainly go back there in the future!

My thanks to Mr and Mrs Quartucci, Riccardo, Simona, Antonella, Ajith, Maria, Luana, Leonarda, Alessia, Antonio, Luca, Santina and the other members of the staff for all their kind hospitality with great services!
I loved that colour in the galaxy …
The Byzantine lounge bar at Villa …
Nice 19th Century atmosphere in my…
Beautiful sea view at sunrise from…
jennjeff1 says:
Great review and pics Deborah!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011

Hotel Villa Carlotta Overview

The Villa Carlotta Taormina is about a 5 minute drive to the historical Taormina center (although cars are not allowed within the center itself). Here is a pedestrian walkway called the Corso Umberto, lined with shops and restaurants, as well as the ruins of the ancient Greek/Roman theater. Guests of the Villa Carlotta Taormina can drive to the city by the A18 motorway, or take trains or buses. The airport is in Catania, about an hour’s drive away.

The bedrooms and suites of the Villa Carlotta Taormina have large bay windows that open onto balconies. Most have sea views. Each room has air-conditioning, a free Wi-Fi connection, and a plasma TV. There is a direct dial phone, an in-room safe, and a mini-bar. Bathroom is equipped with a hair dryer.

The Villa Carlotta Taormina has 23 bedrooms and suites. The restaurant is located on the roof, so that guests may enjoy panoramic views of their surroundings. There is also a lounge bar. The reception service is round the clock. There is a swimming pool. A lift is provided for the convenience of guests.

Hotel Villa Carlotta Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes