Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort

Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort Rates and Deals

Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort Reykjavik Reviews

andytite andytite
A bit of a hike, but nice Aug 11, 2007
Having stumbled off the airport express shuttle in the centre of Reykjavik, my companion and I hoisted our luggage and prepared to head for hostelry for the next few days.

"How far is it?" I asked naively.

"I believe it's just over there," he replied, waving his hand in a vague thereish direction.

"Cool, not long then."

Our hotel was, to say the least, a wee bit off of the beaten track. In the middle of an industrial park. Several miles away. Uphill. It lost a few points for location.

Inside it was serviceable. My friend and I were sharing a twin room. We were asked if we wanted a double by the considerate receptionist; who attempted to assertain if we were 'together'. Having reacted in a stereotypically masculine way, (grunting and looking uncomfortable mainly, whilst simultaneously vowing to re-assess our wardrobe) we insisted on our original booking. To be fair to the staff, they were trying to be helpful; it was Reykjavik Pride Week, unbeknownst to us, which explained their enthusiasm and helpfulness.

The room had all the usual amenities - TV, view of a car showroom etc. It also boasted an amazing shower - powered by the sulphur smelling local water, it was hot and powerful. I loved it.

Breakfast was a buffet of cold fish, toast and attempted tea. Nice enough. We were also able to take rolls and meat to make sandwiches for the day - great if you're attempting to be cheap.

The place also boasted free internet and a computer to use it on which was another plus.

Aside from the location, I had no complaints about the Hotel Vik. Pity it was such a long walk from, well, anything.
Síðumulí, where our hotel was. …

Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort Overview

The hotel is within walking distance of the exhibition center, and guests will find that it is only 2 km from the center of the city. When in the city, guests of the Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort will be able to find many places to dine and grab a drink as well as shopping centers. They can visit the National Museum, the art museums, historical sites, and more. The Reykjavik Keflavik Airport is 50 km from the hotel. Public transportation can help guests reach areas they want to see as well as the airport. Some attractions are within walking distance of the Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort.

Mahogany furnishings and simple décor make up the 56 rooms at the Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort. The rooms contain other amenities such as satellite TV, refrigerators, and wireless Internet. The studios include kitchenettes and coffeemakers. All of the rooms are nonsmoking.

The hotel has a 24-hr front desk that can help with tour arrangements and in finding areas to visit. Guests of the Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort will be able to start the morning with a Continental breakfast. If arriving by car, parking is available.

Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Computer
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower