Hotel Van Gogh

Hotel Van Gogh Rates and Deals

Hotel Van Gogh Amsterdam Reviews

Tanu Tanu
Not a great experience... Uncharacteristic? May 11, 2013
I had made a booking in the hostel part of the Van Gogh, and after a 5AM arrival in Amsterdam, was greeted at the reception by a very irate receptionist, who was flat out rude and unhelpful, claiming that his 'shift was over' and the next guy was late, and I'd have to wait and deal with him! Highly unprofessional for anyone in the hospitality industry...

So I waited for the next guy, since I was in no mood to argue that early in the morning, and was surprised that next guy was no better, being just as unfriendly and unhelpful as the previous one (maybe 'cos he got quite an earful from him)!!!

Anyhow, after a long wait while the receptionist sorted himself out and got himself settled in to work, he finally attended to me, but his demeanor was so bad, I just decided to leave and find myself some other accommodation!

Anyhow, while waiting to check in, I asked to use the restroom, and was horrified at the state it was in! There was no toilet paper, and the toilet itself was in an utterly disgusting state.

All in all, I had a terrible experience with this hostel which I was completely surprised by based on its reviews which i had read before I made my booking.

However, while this experience would prevent me from ever making a booking there again, I would also like to emphasize that since my experience was ruined mainly by the combined effort of those two particular staff members, the hostel itself may not be all that bad.

Also, on the plus side, I can confirm that the location of this hostel is great, since its Splat! in the middle of the museum district, and there are easily accessible tramlines to the city centre.

Eventually, I ended up staying at the CitizenM Amsterdam City Hotel, which also turned out to be a quite unexpected, but hilarious experience!
kat307 kat307
Clean and modern Aug 19, 2011
The location of the hostel is very good. Down a street opposite the Van Gogh museum, with a clear sign for the hostel. The staff were very helpful, we had to change rooms (because of other guests) and it was sorted out very easily. The rooms themselves were incredibly clean and modern. The beds were comfortable, each guest had their own individual safe, there was a full length mirror and coat hooks, a desk, chairs and a large flat screen TV. There was one bathroom for the entire dorm, I though this may cause problems in larger rooms as the shower and toilet were in the same room. I shared with 6 people and found it worked out fine. We had breakfast at the hotel every morning, it was 5 euros and there was bread, pastries, meat, cheese, fruit, and a variety of hot and cold drinks. You could eat as much as you wanted, it was good quality and constantly restocked. The internet was free, which was great, but there were only 2 computers for the whole hostel. There are bike racks outside the hostel so if you rent bikes you can lock them up nearby. I wouldn't stay hre if I was alone as it wasn't a very social place, and didn't have any places to meet people. It definitely felt more like a hotel than a hostel. It suited me though as I was with a friend and we had a great stay here!
elizevin elizevin
Excellent choice in Museum District Oct 02, 2011
I was staying in the hostel part of the hotel, in the room with six beds. It is spotlessly clean, and people are very polite and accommodating. Breakfast we had provided was also very good. Tram station is very close, if you want to quickly go to red light district or anywhere else, and it's in close vicinity of Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum. You can even buy tickets for Van Gogh museum in the hotel, so you can skip queue for the ticket at the museum.
ZaneS ZaneS
Clean hostel, for a low price Jul 20, 2011
Cheeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppp. Cleaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Trying to fill 200 characters. LOL

Hotel Van Gogh Amenities

• Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower