Hotel Ungarische Krone

Hotel Ungarische Krone Rates and Deals

Hotel Ungarische Krone Bruckneudorf Reviews

Chokk Chokk
You get what you pay for Aug 15, 2010
I decided very fast that I didn’t want to stay overnight in Bratislava; it was not 2 years since I was there the last time. Last time I was in this area I drove by Bruckneudorf but could not get a room here because I arrived too late, so I decided to return and try my luck as I was there already at around 8 pm.

The city is Austrian calm and “ordnung”, some might call it a bit boring but I was not looking for action this was a holiday to charge my mental batteries. The village had a wall around the entire inner part; a really old one built of small stones and many places covered with plants and threes.

The main house was really nice to look at with its yellow walls and red brick roof. The main entrance was lit up with small light bulbs like the make-up mirror of a dancer in Vegas. It didn’t really fit but it was easy to identify the main entrance.

As I entered, I was surprised with the size of the inner restaurant where also the breakfast was served in the morning. To the left there was a quite large bierstube with a bar and next to it the small reception was to be found.

Behind the counter the owner Maria Krankhofer was complaining about the lack of ability to register the hotel guests.

I guess she was complaining all the time; at least she it all the time when I had pleasure of her company in my surroundings. She reminded me of one of the English bulldogs; they never look happy as well. She quickly found me a room; number 21 on the first floor.

The room was situated in a hotel building next to the main building. This one was also kept in yellow matching the main building but some years younger in building style. The entrance was with glass doors and a big hall behind it. Otherwise it was just a line-up of rooms next to each others.

I entered my room and I was pleased; it was nice and clean, the bathroom seemed to be okay; more or less what I would expect from an Austrian place; they are like the Germans. I had a double bed or just two bed put together. There was a small flat screen and a table to work on; which I would not need this time. I had also a balcony that could be nice to sit on if I had arrived some hours earlier.

I decided to have my dinner at their restaurant since it was getting dark as early as 20.45 already. The restaurant of the hotel was quite nice so it can be recommended.

Next morning I packed most of my stuff before I headed down for the breakfast; most of both the food and the people were gone; the Austrians are early raisers. There were only a couple like me who had enjoyed the night and avoided the stress in the morning.

I had heard my neighbours wake up one by one all morning, because the walls were pretty thin; my guess was that the walls were so thin that they only had one side.

The breakfast was pretty lousy, to my opinion. There were so many things missing that it was just poor. I checked out shortly after.
My room
The bed
The bathroom
The desk and the hall
Chokk says:
Yeah - I have forgotten to review the food:D
Posted on: Oct 30, 2010
trippinginnederland says:
Thanz for your review. Just came across... ;-)

Posted on: Oct 29, 2010

Hotel Ungarische Krone Overview

This 3-star hotel in Bruckneudorf is centrally located. The hotel offers tennis courts and a tour desk as well as meeting rooms.

The Hotel Ungarische Krone's neighbourhood is a popular nightlife destination and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on the place to go and let loose.

Schloss Petronell is within easy driving distance of the Hotel Ungarische Krone. Vienna International Airport (VIE) is a 30 minute drive from the hotel. The location of the hotel allows guests to easily reach many tourist attractions on foot. Designer Outlet Parndorf is a 10 minute car ride away.

Hotel Ungarische Krone Amenities

• Excursions
  • Cycling
  • Horse Riding
  • Photocopier
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Designated Smoking Area