Hotel Ultonia Girona

Check Girona Hotel Deals

Hotel Ultonia Girona Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great rooms and a nice bar Nov 11, 2011
I was on a mission for my brother driving his car from Murcia in Spain to Basel in Switzerland; a trip of 1650 km in two days. I had started in the late afternoon in Murcia after having visited my brother’s wife’s Spanish family. My goal of the day had been Girona in the northern Spain just one hour drive from Barcelona. I had been in the city before but only briefly and that was why I wanted to spend the night there.

I was driving around in the city to find a hotel with the help of my GPS and the first couple of hotels I didn’t like that much. I finally saw the Hotel Grand Ultonia and I checked it out on my iPad and booked it over where I got the hotel room for 72 euro for the night and I headed for the hotel. I parked outside because I could not find the entrance for the parking.

Inside the lobby and reception area was nice and bright. The guy at the reception desk was service minded and explained me how to get to the garage. He told me that I had to park at level -3. I drove around the house and found the entrance to the parking. The parking was extremely narrow and I was driving a large car; at some points I had only 5 cm on each side of the car and I was happy being able to park it but I was already thinking about the drive up from there again.

I took the elevator up to my room on the second floor and found my room around the corner. The hall was pretty dull but I was pleasantly surprised when I entered my room. The room a large hall with closets and the room itself were large and bright with white walls. All the furniture was all in dark wood and I quite fancied the wooden floor. There was also free Wi-Fi, which was really nice as well.

The bed looked really nice and the short bed cover was really nice with the bright orange color. The room had a flat screen and a mini bar, which was nice even though there was no beer in there. The bathroom was surprisingly nice and large with a nice glass wall. The walls and floor were in light brown marble.

I quickly left the room and went down to the hotel bar that was situated around the corner of the reception. The bar was nice and it was open until 3 am. The bar was close to empty when I entered 11 pm and knowing Spanish nightlife I knew it was way too early to see some action. I decided to sit in the bar and watch the wonderful Spanish girls in their preparation of the action to come. I ordered a gin & tonic and a cold beer. The gin was a Plymouth and they served it with some red berries. A fun part of their process of serving a drink was to cool the glass in a glass-cooling machine – something I never had seen before.

I stayed in the bar for another Gin & Tonic and then went back to my room to get some sleep. Next morning I tested their breakfast menu and I was not disappointed. The menu offer was a mix of a continental breakfast and a Spanish one. I enjoyed a great breakfast and checked out and spent the following 15 minutes getting out of the parking and getting out I was greeted with a wonderful morning.
The hall in the room
The really nice bed
The bed
The bed

Hotel Ultonia Girona Overview

The Hotel Ultonia Girona is situated in central Girona and is within a 10 minute walk from Girona Art Museum, Arab Baths and Girona Cathedral. It provides good-value accommodation with free Wi-Fi access.

The Hotel Ultonia Girona offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as conference room(s), meeting rooms and a business centre for its guests. Bars and dining options abound when you choose this hotel, nestled in the heart of Girona's famous nigtlife district. Friendly staff at the front desk are available to look after the needs of guests on arrival. In addition to a dry cleaning service and a laundry service, the hotel features luggage storage, a safe-deposit box and a car rental desk.

Golf Girona and Palau Sacosta Castle are within driving distance of the Hotel Ultonia Girona. The friendly staff will be happy to book tours and sightseeing in Girona as well as give restaurant suggestions. The hotel is within a 20 minute walk to Fira de Girona and within a 10 minute drive you can find Club Golf Serres de Pals.

Hotel Ultonia Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Excursions
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower