Hotel Tugu Malang

Check Malang Hotel Deals

Hotel Tugu Malang Reviews

jessicasoe jessicas…
Unique and seamless services Dec 05, 2011
This is a hotel that i will definitely put on the top of my list. the 1st time i stayed only because it is the only hotel with room available on that night in Malang, and the only room they have is the suite room. i have to take it as i arrived only around 3am, had been working the whole day and made a very last minute booking through Agoda.

which of course the system is not updating them yet, but since my 1st step in the lobby, i was greeted very welcoming and knowing it was late they checked me in without any hassle, send fresh fruits to my room together with mu luggage, offering to bring me some hot drinks on the house.

By the next day, the staffs greeted me by my name, which is very suppringly nice.

The restaurant is a great place with great food.

And most important, which i think most hotels did not really make this as their strength, the next month i stayed in the hotel again, the staffs still recognize me by my name. i was addressed by my name right away even before i greet them at the front desk!

Bravo! on that!

even when i had only booked in their most standard room, all the service is not the least different from what i got when i stayed in their suite. Bravo again!

This time though i was sick late night, came down with a flu, and the next day, a room boy actually passed me and asked if i feel better already!!

i really would say that this hotel had the best even better services than any of the international 5 star hotels, communications between staffs to update about each in house guest is really to the point of perfection!
o_dog o_dog
An eclectic touch for the modern and the traditional Jun 28, 2011
Hotel Tugu, a famous hotel in downtown Malang that has been around for a long time. The two hotels were my current favorites, and would definitely be back for future stay. I will also review the hotel restaurant that turned out to serve one of the best East Javanese menus in town!
TheDivineG TheDivin…
Rich History of Indonesian Culture Oct 26, 2009
To arrive at this hotel is like walking into a history lesson in Indonesian culture and History. Something of which I had very little knowledge.

I fell upon this hotel quite by accident after a 10 hour bus ride from Kuta to Malang. I arrived around 5 A.M feeling dirty and tired. The hotel was right in the center of Malang and although the lobby gave little image of being grandios, it was not long before I got the sense that there was something about this place that was different.

I was led to my room and was grateful to find a beautiful, inviting bed with down filled pillows and a thick luxurious mattress.

It was only later that I was given a tour of the hotel and the chance to learn about the fabulous story behind TUGU Hotels. The proprietor began collecting antiques when he was just 24 years old. He noticed his fellow Indonesians were wrecklessly disposing of these treasures without recognizing their rich cultural value as well as the monetary value.

Some of the owners pieces date back to the 18th century. Over the next 27 years he had amassed an exorbitant collection of fine art and custom pieces. Feeling that a Museum would not do justice or give the exposure deserving of such pieces, he decided to open his first of a series of 4 hotels, in Malang.

He designed the architectural plans as well as all the custom decor for each room. as you walk through the hotel, you are drawn in by such fascinating pieces, such as the gorgeous painting of a stunningly beautiful young woman in the King's dining hall. It is so captivating, you almost feel her presence in the room with you.

There is a long corridor that leads to the restaurant "L'amour Fou" that is so magnificent that words could not do it justice.

I tried their spa, expecting your typical hotel massage, only to be enveloped into the most soothing experience of deep relaxation with the most talented hands imaginable. Nothing in this world compares to the hidden talent of the massage therapists, it is truly an art.

I was so taken by this Hotel not to mention an impeccably gracious staff, that when Yudha, the marketing director, suggested I fly to Lombok before returning to Bali to visit their sister property, I decided to get on board.

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined what awaited me in Lombok.

I will post photos upon my return home. In the meantime, please visit
Hallway to Endless Love
One of the suites at TUGU Malang
Average room at TUGU
nanie05 says:
I love the Hotel Tugu, Malang! I didnt get a chance to stay there but just had tea ..and it was the highlight of my short trip to Malang (how pathetic that sounds!) The antique pieces are beautiful, the ambience soothing..lovely! Lucky you to have stayed there!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2009
sylviandavid says:
A wonderful review: great job of getting the history and feeling of the place captured in words... Thanks for this great review! sylvia
Posted on: Oct 26, 2009

Hotel Tugu Malang Overview

Hotel Tugu Malang recently awarded with FIVE-STAR RATING making it the only 5-star art hotel in Malang and Java. It is in Malang that we have found the heart of East Java – the small, intimate Hotel Tugu Malang is bursting with atmosphere. A rare gem distinguished by its blend of Indonesian art and history, Hotel Tugu Malang is an elegant mansion that tells the stories of Indonesia’s forgotten heritage and houses priceless collection of antiques in every corner of the hotel. Upon entering, guests walk into a world of heritages of the Dutch colonial era, of gradual blend of the Indonesian and the Chinese cultures over many centuries, as well as of humble beauty of traditional Indonesian villages. Its authenticity and beauty has earned it several accolades, among which as one of 101 Best Hotels in the World, the Best-kept Secret of Indonesia and the latest one: 2009 Nota Bene World's Most Special Jewel Hotels (only 5 worldwide chosen) The 5 star rating has been awarded to Hotel Tugu Malang not only for the unique concept, architecture and design, but also for a team of staff that provides the very best service as well as the most indigenous Javanese hospitality, where everything is done with finesse and personal minute details.

Hotel Tugu Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Souvenirs/Gift Shop
  • Shoe Shine

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Tugu Malang

Finding a Balanced State
Selamat Pagi Semuanya, So this will very likely be my last entry before I return home.  The day ahead will surely be a hectic one as I am determined to make up for lost time trying to heal my a…Tugu Malang Hotel.  Everyday, I looked forward to our coffee breaks together to share girl talk.  In Tugu
I have a confession to make – I haven't been a good writer or updater of my travbuddy blogs and reviews in a long time now, especially when I’m not traveling. I feel like I see life diffe…Tugu, a famous hotel in downtown Malang that has been around for a long time. The two hotels were…

Check Malang Hotel Deals