Hotel Tourist Inn Amsterdam

Hotel Tourist Inn Amsterdam Rates and Deals

Hotel Tourist Inn Amsterdam Reviews

NickelP NickelP
Nice Place Sep 27, 2015
I stayed here for 1 night in September 2015 and left early in the morning so this review is based on limited time.

It's in a good location close to Central Station (assuming you don't get lost like I did).

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was bright and clean though did seem a little small and came with bed linens and towels. The bathroom was a little small as well but a large one isn't really needed. The lockers in the room was roomy and a lock wasn't required as they had electronic codes. There was also a TV in the room.

Breakfast is provided, however, as I left quite early I can't comment on it.

The staff that I dealt with at the front desk were very helpful as when I checked in, I needed information about getting to where I had to catch my bus. The staff took the time to help google train timetables and when we knew that wouldn't work, called and booked a cab for me for the morning.

I would stay here again if back in Amsterdam.
NickelP says:
I know...it was dark when I arrived and when I left and since I back then I hadn't planned on blogging so didn't really worry about photos. But I'll know for future. :)
Posted on: Apr 23, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Great review. Next time make sure to take some photos of the place. :-)
Posted on: Apr 22, 2017
Lol87 Lol87
Affordable, good location Jul 05, 2011
I stayed in this hotel for Queen's day in April, and the prices reflected this. However, it was reasonable compared to what some other hotels were charging.

A buffet style continental breakfast was included. It was very basic, but for the money it was fine.

I stayed in a double room, which was quite modern, had a nice street view and a huge flat screen TV/DVD on the wall. There was also a safe.

The bathroom was tiny but clean.

All in all, this hotel was value for money, in a safe and convenient location, and I would recommend it to anyone on a budget.
miqi2k miqi2k
Well located, but DIRTY Mar 28, 2010
This is a hotel to be if you are less than 20 years old, and you don't care about sleeping well, about resting, about the noisy neighbours and about the cleanliness of your place to sleep.

The sheets are deeply dirty, there's no heating and the double rooms are as small as they can possibly be. The stuff is very nice as long as you don't ask them for anything... then you can be sure that they won't ever care about you.

Just one good thing: It's very well located. Anyway, you can easily find cheaper and much better hotels around that zone.

Breakfast is not wonderful, but it's the best skills they have.
SchpidermaN Schpider…
Great for the stay itself. Sep 06, 2009
This was my very first place where I crashed when I arrived to Amsterdam (will be referred as A'dam) ever, back in 2005.

The place itself is kinda cool, way better than what the typical backpacker can expect of a hostel in A'dam. It's got an elevator, lockers, small dorm rooms (up to 6 people max) and the shared bathroom is super clean during all day long.

The location is awesome, just a 10 min walk from the central station, or you pop on the tram for like 2 stops. It's quiet at night, and close to the main attractions (Red Light Dist., coffee shops etc.)

It ain't cheap, but definitely not the most expensive out there.

The main con though, that it is NOT a place to meet fellow travelers and socialize. It's more of a hotel than a down to earth hostel, so if you're into meeting new people, it's not it. If you're the nerdy type that wants to go sleep early and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere - this is it, look no further. For a solid stay I'd highly recommend.
SchpidermaN says:
I'm glad! Enjoy your stay there. I will be in AMS during august and might review new places and post them somewhere.
Posted on: Jun 10, 2012
berghain says:
I have chosen this place for my next stay in Amsterdam in July. Your review was really helpful to me.
Posted on: Jun 04, 2012

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Excursions
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower