Hotel Torenzicht

Hotel Torenzicht Rates and Deals

Hotel Torenzicht Amsterdam Reviews

a13a a13a
Best budget hotel I've ever stayed in Jun 09, 2011
I paid less than 60€ a night for this hotel, and I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to get but travel reviews said it was brilliant so I went for it. :) I normally don't like shared bathroom set-ups but the bathrooms/toilets here were not only clean, they were modern and very well kept also. I do remember that the water pressure wasn't quite what I would have liked but certianly better than a couple of other places I've stayed at for twice the price in Amsterdam.

Location-wise, brilliant. Center of the red-light district (interesting how you find it much easier to take a healthy walk around the block before heading home when your district is more interesting :p ); metro is 100m across the square and a supermarket right nearby as well.

There's also a bar downstairs at the hotel - seemed quite popular although I never popped in myself other than on check-in/check-out (that's where reception is too). It has a massive projection screen on the wall so great for the sports you're not at home for too. :)

Oh - you get your own fridge in the room too! Magic. :)

Couple of things I didn't like:

- The hallway to the rooms is controlled by a lock which staff need to open; and when coming late at night they ask to see your room card which I felt was a little over-the-top. Then again, given the area maybe it makes sense. No big deal in any case, but it's something. :)

- Only one power socket in the entire room, and you need that for the fridge.

- Breakfast was 9-10am only, which meant I could never use it since I need to be out the door by 7am for work. I still haven't managed to find a place with breakfast early enough but only one hour starting at 9 is kinda ridiculous.

All in all though it's tremendous value and the general standard is great, even exceptional considering the price.

Hotel Torenzicht Overview

Torenzicht is a hotel right in the heart of Red Light District. The bar is open 24 hours a day and we have SKY Sports available. Torenzicht Hotel offers clean and value for money accommodation just 5 minutes walking distance from Amsterdam Central Station and the famous Dam square and in the close vicinity of a variety of coffee shops, live shows, clubs, and bars. Offering low prices, a relaxing and free atmosphere, the hotel also features a 24 hour bar, equipped with a large TV screen with satellite channels and a friendly staff that will be glad to provide guests with useful information about the exciting life of Amsterdam.

Hotel Torenzicht Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Non-Smoking Rooms
  • Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom