Hotel Tikal Inn

Hotel Tikal Inn - Hotel Tikal Inn

Hotel Tikal Inn Reviews

tabithablee tabithab…
Wonderful Place to Celebrate Birthday Aug 28, 2016
I chose Hotel Tikal Inn for my 31st birthday celebration. It was a lovely place that took care of all of my needs including meals, tours, and transportation. It was a great experience and I loved every moment. Absolutely no complaints. Thank you to Roxie and her team!

Disclaimer: With that being said, be prepared for jungle life. Electricity is minimal. It is turned on around 6 - 10 p.m. every night. No fan, no air conditioner. The rooms are screened so open windows provide night air. It was really nice during the time of year I was there. There is a nice pool to hang around during the day if you choose not to explore the park. Wifi works well in the restaurant and lobby area. THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF PLACE YOU STAY IF YOU WANT MAJOR LUXURY. If you are coming here to do the tours and have the experience, you will love it very much. The food was good and was included if you bought the tours. I bought two tours (sunrise and sunset) that included a breakfast and dinner each. That took care of most of my meals during my stay. I would stay there again. Experience of a lifetime. Deep in the jungle. Saw meteors during the Perseids. Just loved it.
camwilde camwilde
Awesome Location, Decent Hotel Oct 22, 2013
This hotel is within a short walking distance to the entrance of the ruins of Tikal. It is decently priced and allows easy access to the Park. We stayed here as part of a tour package.

The room was large and consisted of three beds (two doubles and a twin). They charge by the person and each additional person adds $30 or so to the price of the room. The bathroom was decent and the shower never really got hot. The beds were also decent. There were no other amenities to the room (TV, air conditioning, ...).

There is a courtyard with a swimming pool, but we didn't use it.

The restaurant food was not that great, kind of bland.

Basically, this hotel gives you a place to sleep as a starting point to visit the main attraction, Tikal National Park. If you are looking for a nice hotel, this isn't for you.
Hotel Tikal Inn
Courtyard at Hotel Tikal Inn
Beds at Hotel Tikal Inn
Bathroom at Hotel Tikal Inn
Snowboarder26 Snowboar…
Beautiful Hotel right outside the entrance to Tikal Sep 18, 2011
I stumbled upto this place by complete fluke, but it made my trip to Guatemala! I heard of it from a local travel agency that was trying to help me out because I could not withdrawal money from the ATM. He called the owner of Tikal Inn up and he picked me up, loaned me money for park entrance and Set me up in a room for a half the listed price. Usually he has a "backpacker special" where he provides shared rooms, I had a private room with hot water. Included is a guide(which I had private again being the low season) Who took me not only once in the sunset for a 4 hour tour to Tikal, But again at 4am(Gates open to public including those going on the sunrise tour from Flores at 6am) To see the Ancient city in the sunrise. Great resteraunt in the hotel, internet access, and breakfast is included(Real breakfast). I reccommend if staying here to ask about the backpacker special. All this was $45 USD
Hotel Tikal Inn Map