Hotel The Pearl Negombo

Check Negombo Hotel Deals

Hotel The Pearl Negombo Reviews

alexandra_h alexandr…
Good place to start or end Sri Lankan trip Feb 07, 2012
This hotel is only fifteen minutes drive from the airport Bandaranayake. Very efficient if you just want to relax after a long flight. We have used the pick-up service too. Only you've got to pay extra for it, which is a bit strange.

Our driver was already waiting for us with the name plate. Helga, the owner of the hotel has changed my name into Andrea. Good thing my last name was there too, otherwise we could never find our driver. I introduced myself as Alexandra of course, the driver was a bit confused by that. "But why Andrea is written on the plate?", he asked. How should I know? Ask your boss.

We booked a triple room which unfortunately was occupied when we arrived. That is what we have expected though. We had to wait until people in our room would check out. We didn't wait that long. And we were very well cared by the hotel staff, who gave us juices and tea to drink, to kill our time while we were waiting.

The location of the hotel was very favorable. On one side was the street with bars, restaurants and shops. And on the other beach. In the hotel garden, we saw both sides.

Make sure you have earplugs with you. It's very noisy outside.

Our room was very spacious, clean and air conditioned. Bathroom was very basic but well cleaned. The only downside is that the shower wasn't working properly. There was some water, but very little. And sometimes it was hot and then it was cold.

Although our room was well cleaned and smelled good, the rest of the hotel looked a bit shabby. I expect more of the European owner.

The garden of the hotel was big enough for all guests. You can eat there or chill on the sun loungers. Ask staff for the beach towels.

We have only had breakfast here. Breakfast includes delicious fruits, tea with milk, toasts and eggs.

A good hotel for a day or night. I would not stay here any longer.
View from garden
Garden
Garden flowers
Garden flowers

Hotel The Pearl Negombo Overview

The Hotel The Pearl Negombo offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as secured parking, a safe-deposit box and a laundry service for the guests. The guests can sit down and relax in the calming environment of the hotel's outdoor area. Guests can take advantage of the available internet access to stay in contact during their trip.

Hotel The Pearl Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower