Hotel Terminus Amsterdam

Hotel Terminus Amsterdam Rates and Deals

Hotel Terminus Amsterdam Reviews

fgodfrey fgodfrey
Not worth the price Jun 20, 2010
I reserved a room with a double bed. Upon arrival, they said they didn't have one and put me in a room with a single bed (for E10 less and a "free breakfast", which it turns out was included anyway).

I realize American hotel rooms are generally bigger than European hotel rooms, but this was ridiculous. The room was twice the width of a single bed and maybe 2 and a half times as long.

The far bigger problem, though, was that there was *no* ventilation in the room. The window didn't open, there was no air conditioning (again, not abnormal for a European hotel but usually the window opens instead), and there wasn't even a fan to move air around.

Also, the carpet in the hallway is peeling and in dire need of replacement. The supposed wireless Internet is only available in the lobby and is E19 per day.

Finally, a note about the location. It's very good, in that it's within walking distance of the train station. However, it's also in the red-light district and there's basically a nonstop party going on outside.

I probably would've put up with that for E40/night but not for E90/night. Overall, it's the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.
lokababy lokababy
Worst 'Hotel' in life Dec 28, 2009
This is probably the worst worst WORST hotel I have ever visited. It is well located, near the Central Station and easy to find. Until here the only advantage of the Hotel...

I was given the room 21, in the ground floor, near the stairs and the lift. I though: well, although I become disturbed by people noise, maybe I don't hear the bell tower located next to the hotel. What a mistake!! Every 15 minutes, the bell ring.

The first impression about the room was: wtf? As you can see in the pictures, there were mosquitoes everywhere (most of them mashed against the walls ¬¬). I spent the night trying to kill one of them, and I finally put my gloves on because he was eating my hands!!!

The entire room was so dirty that I didn't remove my socks to walk on that carpet. When I left the room, I left those socks behind me.

I won't talk more about this place, you just need to see the pictures to know that you should NEVER stay here.
Dangerous?
Bathroom
Mosquitoes I
Mosquitoes II
matan869 says:
since when there are mosquitos in the winter?
bernard69 says:
congrats on your feature and sorry for yr bad experience,thx for warning:)
sarahsan says:
Congrats on being featured today! Sorry you had to experience this place! Thanks for the warning!

Hotel Terminus Amsterdam Overview

The Hotel Terminus is conveniently located near the trendy sections of Amsterdam as well as the historical district. A number of exciting locations are all within reach of the Terminus, many within easy walking distance. Tourist attractions in the area include the Anne Frank House as well as numerous museums.

From the airport, the hotel is just a short 19 minute train ride away. Trams and buses also operate in the immediate area, which makes it easy for guests to explore all that Amsterdam has to offer.

There are 93 well appointed guestrooms at the Terminus Hotel. Each of the rooms offers private bathrooms, Internet connections and in-house movies. Business rooms also offer data-ports, mini-bars and tea and coffee making facilities.

The hotel offers a large lobby, bar, lounge and multifunctional conference rooms. There are also numerous nightclubs, bars and shopping venues within the nearby vicinity of the hotel as well.

Hotel Terminus Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Exhibit Space
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Shoe Shine
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Terminus Amsterdam

From Brussels to Amsterdam
I wake up at 7am and after taking a shower, I head directly to the Gare du Nord, where I ride the train to Antwerp and from there to Amsterdam (passing by The Hague and Rotterdam). The Central Statio…Terminus Hotel to know where not to stay while visiting Amsterdam... I see the part of the Bourse, the Royal…

Check Hotel Terminus Rates and Deals