Hotel Tegnérlunden

Hotel Tegnérlunden Rates and Deals

Hotel Tegnérlunden Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
NIce and central Apr 12, 2010
Tegnérlunden Hotel is situated approximately one kilometre from the Central Station and just next to one of my favourite hotels in Stockholm; the nice Hotel Sign. Hotel Tegnérlunden turned out to be a pleasant surprise as well and I would have no problem in recommending it to others that want to have a pleasant stay in the city centre of Stockholm.

The hotel was quite full when I arrived and it was a hotel used by many Swedish business men and tourists from all over the world; my guess was that most of the guests were tourists. The receptionists worked swiftly and were very friendly; they were to the point and didn’t waste the time with small talk.

I was given a room on the fourth floor and when I entered the room I felt like I stepped in to the better part of a Swedish setting in IKEA. The furniture’s were nice and all in white wood. I had been given a nice double bed but one of those that were with two separate beds that split apart too easy. It didn’t matter much to me this time since I was travelling alone but I can get really irritated of this construction; it is probably nice for cleaning purposes but how many of us have it like that at home?

There were a nice desk in the room which I appreciated; often I have been given a small desk where I hardly even could fit my computer. The hotel has even a free wi-fi in the room.

In the corner of the room there was a nice armchair in brown that actually fitted in the room for once, both in colour and size. The room had a nice large window giving a good light. The room was situated high up from the road so there was no street noise worth mentioning. The bathroom was quite small but had what you basically need. There was no tub but the shower had good power, which I haven’t had in many hotels.

The breakfast is served on the 6th floor which is not what you find normally, but it was very nice sitting eating up there and overlooking the city in the morning sun. I was lucky to be there on a beautiful and sunny April day. The breakfast was in the simple but good; there were both eggs and bacon besides the normal stuff.

The hotel is situated next to a small park so there is a good possibility to just step out of the hotel to relax. The park Tegnérlunden is one of Stockholm’s hill parks and this one was established in 1890. Prior to the establishment of the park there were two mills on the top of the hill. On the top there was also a small spring on which in the 1940s there was built a well; and from there is a small spring running down between the rocks in to a small pond.

The hotel was a nice and calm experience and it is a hotel that would have no problem in coming back to again. Well done.
The room