Hotel Tambo Aymara

Hotel Tambo Aymara Uyuni Reviews

sepilokfui sepilokf…
Why not? Jul 24, 2012
Stayed here in May 2010.

Did not know much about this place at first, I booked the Salar de Uyuni 3 days 2 nights tour in San Pedro de Atacama and the 1 night here came with it. As I arrived, I was very please as it is a very nice B&B in Uyuni.

If you know Uyuni, there is nothing much in the town. But I love Bolivia and Uyuni is very very Boliviano - high altitude, freezing cold(I came during Winter), people very authentic. As Uyuni is so so so cold, the hot water here is a bit of problem, the heater is a bit too small for the big room. But hey, is Uyuni and is Bolivia. So, I understand. Staff was very helpful and nice, didn't speak much English tought but try as they could.

I like this place and will come back to to the Salar de Uyuni, but I only want to come back during Summer.

I think the owner is Dutch because there is dutch sign in everything.
sweettangerine sweettan…
Cosy and cold Jul 31, 2011
With a center of only 4 by 6 paved streets, it is not that difficult to have a good location, but Tambo Aymara is really well situated, only 2 blocks away from the clock tower.

Coming into the city from the train graveyard and seeing all those depressing and unfinished buildings, I was really worried of what we would find; but Tambo Aymara is an inviting and nice looking building both inside and out.

Even though the building seems fairly new, it has an old colonial / hacienda feel to it, with all rooms grouped around a neat little patio.

Because something went wrong with the room configuration (though I cannot say whether it was the hotel's or our tour company's fault) we ended up staying in a triple room, with an additional group member.

We received a very spacious room on the ground floor, decorated in warm and cosy colors. There were 3 beds, with fleece bedding and an electrical heater. So for sure we wouldn't get cold!

The bathroom was nice and spacious too with a large shower but no light. Luckily this was immediately fixed upon reporting. The receptionist called for a handyman with a spare lamp to follow me and fix it right away.

I had a nice hot shower but almost immediately after, there was a power cut. At first I thought it was the hotel; but it turned out this was affecting all of Uyuni and was not the hotel's fault.

The hotel has its own emergency generator and so we got one light bulb working for the entire room. But of course the heating went off right away and there was no light whatsoever in the bathroom. But at least, we could see something thanks to the emergency supply.

After returning from dinner at night, power was restored and the heating was working again too. It is very comfortable to sleep with fleece bedding. This surely was a plus in this ice cold and windy city.

A continental breakfast is served in a large but rather uninviting room in the front. Despite the little heater in the middle of the room, the space was very very cold.

For a continental breakfast, it was a fair enough deal. Apart from bread, toast and jam, there were also bananas and yogurts as well as fresh juice and cereal.

Even though I only staid one night, I wouldn't have minded to stay longer. The hotel is cosy enough and there is plenty of comfort. Only I'd return in a warmer period of the year!
our rooml
triple room
spacious bathroom
hotel Tambo Aymara
montecarlostar says:
Congrats o your feature!
Paulovic says:
Gefeliciteerd met je featured review Tania! Erg toevallig, ik heb hier ook geslapen. Volgens mij was het hotel van een Vlaamse eigenaar, is het niet? Ik voeldd me al een paar dagen beroerd tijdens de Salar toer en heb toen van een Antwerps stelletje die dezelfde toer deed als ik vernomen dat dit een goede keuze was. Ik heb hier toen twee nachten geslapen. De bedden waren echt goed herinner ik me en de douche heerlijk warm in de ijzige Uyuni kou!
Goed geschreven! :)
Jonathanchen says:
you introduceed it very good!i very like~haha~wish look at your travel pic more and more~
aussie_E aussie_E
Hotel in Uyuni May 18, 2008
Stayed here in May 2008. Staff were nice but hotel very cold. Big bedroom with tiny heater and hard bed. Hot shower.
Double bedroom with seating area

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Tambo Aymara

On to Uyuni - Back to civilisation?
We leave around 10 and walk partway up Volcan Thunupa for a view over the salt flats.  Marco has got the key to an exhibition of pre-Incan mummies in a cave on the way.  Then we go to Isla …Uyuni.   I am dropped off at my hotel, Tambo Aymara, and then take a walk around the town.   Riders…

Check Uyuni Hotel Deals