Hotel Taiyo

Hotel Taiyo Rates and Deals

Hotel Taiyo Osaka Reviews

mikethepizzadude mikethep…
Cheap and Awesome Aug 26, 2009
An Awesome hotel. I stayed here for my first solo trip overseas.

First of all, it's very cheap. I paid about $33 AUD per night for my room. It was the cheapest private room hotel I could find in Osaka (note that my capsule hotel in Tokyo was DOUBLE this price).

The hotel is fine and clean. The staff are nice, and they have a few English speakers who work there. The private rooms have a fridge, which is great (especially in Summer).

My favourite thing about this hotel is the bath downstairs. It's a traditional public-type bath for the hotel guests. I was a little shy about it at first, but it's actually really cool bathing the same way the locals do. The water is always at 42 degrees Celsius, so it's the best way to finish your day after walking the length of Osaka or Kyoto.

One thing that may deter people is the location. It's in Nishinari-Ku, which is the homeless ward. It was a little scary at first seeing homeless people sleeping on the streets, but they are completely harmless. They never, ever beg. So I know some travellers certainly won't want any of this, but it actually gives a good insight into the lesser known parts of Osaka.

Taking the subway about six minutes north will take you to Namba / Shinsaibashi, which is where a lot of the night life is located. There is a great bar called Tin's Hall about ten minutes East of the hotel, which I also highly recommend.

You can also hire a bicycle from the hotel for very cheap, which is a great way to see the city.

I'll certainly be returning to this hotel when I come back to Osaka. :)

Check Hotel Taiyo Rates and Deals