Hotel Suizo

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals

Hotel Suizo Barcelona Reviews

fernandaseabra fernanda…
Hotel Suizo...VIP Location in Barcelona! Jul 13, 2009
Hotel Suizo is very charming.It is located near Puerto Viejo, Plaza de Catalonya, in the heart of Barri Gotic.Metro Station Jaume I is exactly in front of the hotel, which allows you to reach several attractions without changing lines.There are many nice restaurants and Tapa places nearby and Plaza Del'Angel is very safe...I recommend this hotel to single travelleres, young couples and small families.You won't find luxury there, but you will certainly find hospitality and comfort.There's a Barcelona Offical Store next to the hotel as well and many banks.
Horus380 Horus380
Great location in Barcelona Jul 01, 2008
On this trip I had pre-booked nearly all of my accommodation as I knew for the most part where I would roughly be going on any given day. With Barcelona I was originally going with a friend of mine and she recommended that I stay in this area of Barcelona as this was where all the best places to visit are. I chose to stay at Hotel Suizo as it was the cheapest hotel in the area with the best location.

The location is excellent, only a 10-15 minute walk to the Port Vell Harbour and the Catalunya square which is where the bus from the airport terminates. 5 meters from the front of the hotel is a metro station for those people out there who unlike me don't like to walk everywhere. I think location wise Suizo is hard to beat as I easily found my way by foot to all the sights of interest i wanted to see.

The hotel doesn't have the same amount of amenities I am used to on this trip. The worst of these was a lack of internet as I always like to stay connected and upload photos in the evening in case my camera is lost or stolen the following day of adventuring. My room did have a nice balcony and came with air conditioning which i think is a must for this region of Spain.

I didn't take the breakfast option as it isn't included in the price of staying there and with heaps of cafes around there really isn't a need.

The bed was a little hard, however I had no trouble falling asleep after long days of exploring. The bathroom was great with a bath tub shower arrangement and plenty of space. Some of the staff i spoke to didn't speak English as well as I had hoped, they were however very friendly and did try to help me out with my questions.

I found the cost of Suizo to be a little expensive, at $175 AUD a night it is considerably more expensive than some of the better places I have stayed at in other countries. I have no idea how much my friend was paying for his hostel, i would imagine no where near this price. I do think cost is relative to the places you visit and like i said at the start, Hotel Suizo was the best price for the location in the area.

I stayed here for 3 nights (booked for 4, I spent 1 night in Andorra instead) and would stay here again on a return trip to Barcelona. The good thing about paying for hotels before you go on a trip is that the money I have with me is all about the extras and for that reason the price isn't that big of an issue.
Hotel Suizo, that concrete block o…
view from my balcony
Hotel Suizo at night

Hotel Suizo Overview

Located in central Barcelona, the Hotel Suizo offers affordable accommodation just minutes away from Museu Picasso and Cathedral of Santa Eulalia. The hotel is conveniently located for sightseeing in Barcelona with La Rambla within a 10 minute walk. If it is the shopping you are after, the hotel is strategically located to access Barcelona's shopping district.

The Hotel Suizo offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a currency exchange, a laundry service and a safe-deposit box for its guests. For added convenience, it provides a TV room and a car rental desk. Browse the internet with the hotel's standard Wi-Fi connection available, for more information speak to the front desk. This hotel proudly features a pets-accepted policy.

The Hotel Suizo's neighbourhood is known for its nightlife and you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining and bar options.

Barcelona International Convention Center is within driving distance of the Hotel Suizo. The staff will be able to assist in organising and booking tours and activities during your stay in Barcelona as well as provide restaurant suggestions. Barcelona El Prat Airport (BCN) is a 30 minute drive from the hotel. The hotel is located within a 20-minute walk from Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art, Liceu and Placa de Catalunya.

Hotel Suizo Amenities

• Excursions
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower