Hotel Stureplan

Hotel Stureplan Rates and Deals

Hotel Stureplan Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel in a great neighborhood Oct 02, 2011
I was back in Stockholm again less than 48 hours since I left the last time. I decided to travel Sunday evening because I had an early meeting the following morning. I had left Copenhagen in a wonderful sunshine and around 22 degrees and when I left the airport in Arlanda I was back in 15 degrees and rain; it was far from wonderful.

The taxi driver was the quite type; he didn’t say a word all the way and the radio was quiet too. I arrived at the hotel less than 40 minutes later in a wet and rainy city center. The area around the Hotel Sture Plan is known for being a busy party area but on a cold Sunday evening nothing was happening. I entered the hotel entrance that didn’t look like much. There were some stairs going up to an elevator and a lounge room to the left and up behind there they had their little reception.

The young guy behind the counter was fast, service minded and quite talky. He gave me a room on the top floor, which was sixth floor. There were two elevators and only one of them went to the sixth floor. My room was at the loft and nicely renovated. There was a small hall leading into the room where a bed filled most of the room. The wall were all painted in a light grey colour and the walls facing the small window were leaning a lot and during my stay I both hot my shoulder and my head on it.

Beneath the small window that not even could open there was a small desk that hard could manage my computer. The Wi-Fi on the sixth floor did not work or anyway it did not in my room but there was a cable and the access was otherwise free of charge. The room had otherwise on a chair to the desk and two small tables next to the bed. There was a flat screen on the wall and a small minibar in the closet in the hall.

The bathroom was really nice and both well designed and modern in its appearance. The whole room was decorated with small black tiles. The towels were all white, nice and soft; and there was enough shower gel for once. The shower had both the traditional shower but also the rain shower from the ceiling, which was a nice way to wake up in the morning. The room had also a small window in the ceiling, but it could not open as well.

The reception staffs were all super friendly and they were always very service minded when I asked them for some favors’. The breakfast was quite, the restaurant was situated in the back of the hotel and after walking down a small hall and down and up some stairs there was a quite cozy little breakfast place. I passed on the scrambled eggs but I tend to do that at more and more hotel restaurant because they can’t make right and it just looks like something that the cat dragged in.

Even though I didn’t like the room at first it kind of grew on me during my 3 days at the hotel and I ended up enjoying it because it was so quiet and the bed was really comfortable. I would not mind staying at this hotel again and I could also hear that many of the other guests were regulars that kept on coming back
The bed
The room
The room
The bathroom
Chokk says:
It was a nice hotel
Posted on: Nov 18, 2011
One_Coconut says:
Love the decor of this room.
Posted on: Nov 18, 2011
Chokk says:
Thank you Both - Mike I am in Stockholm at least once a week ;D
Posted on: Oct 09, 2011

Hotel Stureplan Overview

The Hotel Stureplan is one of the hotels in Stockholm located in the fashionable downtown district. It is 1 km to the Royal Opera House and the Dramaten Theater, and the immediate area is full of restaurants and boutiques. The Stureplan Stockholm is about 40 km from the Arlanda Airport.

There are 102 rooms at the Hotel Stureplan Stockholm, available in multiple classes. Rooms have HD TV channels, free wireless Internet access, mini bar, safe box, telephone, coffee and tea making equipment, and 24-hour room service. Bathrooms have hair dryers and bathrobes. Non-smoking areas are designated.

The Stockholm Hotel Stureplan is a restored 19th century building with classical Swedish design features last updated in 2008. A morning breakfast buffet is offered, and the lounge restaurant serves meals throughout the day. There is a regular bar and also the Bollinger Champagne Bar, which serves upscale cocktails and coffees. Small meeting rooms are available.

Hotel Stureplan Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Desk
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes