Hotel Studencki Piast

Check Krakow Hotel Deals

Hotel Studencki Piast Krakow Reviews

festerwretch festerwr…
Hostel in a dorm building Oct 02, 2008
Dom Studencki Piast is my home from September 2007 - February 2009. But, this is about the hostel part of Piast, Hotel Studencki Piast.

I did not get to my dorm in time to check in while the administration office was open, but thankfully my dorm building also has a hostel too. The first floor has been converted from dorm rooms to hotel / hostel rooms. By “converted” I just mean carpeted and painted and supplied with dished and pots & pans, etc. Oh, there’s even a TV. It’s still a tiny room with two small/tiny beds and a shared bathroom. That being said, I wish my dorm room was as nice as these rooms.

As far as location goes, Piast is about a thirty minute walk from the old town / main market square. A bus line runs on the road right next to the dorm, and a tram line runs on the street about two blocks north, so transportation is not an issue. There is a Chinese restaurant on the ground floor, as well as a cafeteria (which closes at 3PM). A small shop, a post office, a barber shop, internet cafe, laundromat (not self service though), a bar … etc. But, to be honest, if you are just visiting Krakow, finding a place closer to the Rynek (main square) would probably make more sense. If you are visiting somebody in this part of the town, well, then DS Piast might just be a good choice for you.

Oh, I don’t know how much it costs; as I pay monthly rent for the dorm room, not for the hostel … they put me in the hostel without pay because of this.

Check Krakow Hotel Deals