Hotel Stadt Naumburg

6 Friedensstraße, Freyburg, Germany

Hotel Stadt Naumburg Freyburg Reviews

aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
The Saale / Unstrut Area Oct 12, 2010
Last spring my bf and I discovered the area between the rivers Saale and Unstrut. Everything started with an advertisement we got at the christmas market in Leipzig. We booked a romantic weekend in Freyburg / Saxony-Anhalt in February amd we got hooked from the beauty of this area.

Last weekend we've returned again (not for the first time in this year) and it was another wonderful day in the calmness of this places.

For us, the most attractive town is Freyburg. Home of the "Rötkäppchen Sektkellerei" (sparkling wine factory) and the famous (only in Germany :p) "Turnvater Jahn" who suggested that only in a healthy mind can be a healthy body ;) Castle "Neuenburg" dominates the town. A huge medieval castle which was founded in 1090 by the thuringian count Ludwig der Springer. If you're interested have a look here:

Not to forget the absolutely amazing wines they produce here. I prefer the Dornfelder red wine which I usually buy at the Freyburg Winzervereinigung (sorry this site is only available in german:

The scenery between the rivers Saale, Unstrut, Ilm and Weiße Elster is famous for its castles and churches. The Cathedral of Naumburg is very famous for the figures of its founders. Lots of castles around are more or less in a good shape. The Querfurt castle and the castle Neuenburg as well as the cathedral of Naumburg are in a very good shape while the castle of Rudelsburg or Eckardsburg are nearly ruins. But still great places to visit.

If you're in the area don't miss those places. They are really worth it. And most of them are for free :D

Check Freyburg Hotel Deals