Hotel Sorga Cottages
Check Bali Hotel Deals
Hotel Sorga Cottages Bali Reviews
Clean, cheap and close to the beach May 16, 2011
I looked for a place that would be close to the Kuta beach and where I could sleep comfortably at night, and this little hotel delivered.
It is located off of one of the Poppy Lanes and is 5 min walk to the beach.
- Cheap (I paid $30 per night for a top-floor room with hot water and a ceiling fan, breakfast included but there are cheaper rooms available if you are ok to just use cold water)
- Very green and clean in the courtyard, with a good pool (if you care for a pool being a 100 m from the ocean), each room has a porch (1st floor) or a little terrace (2nd floor)
- They will pick you up from the airport if you booked through their site directly
- The room's furniture is really old (who cares though if you just sleep there? :))
- Wi fi is an extra fee (but you can go to a McDonald's next door for a free connection)
All in all it's a fair option for those who would like to save money on the accommodation but do not want to go even more basic.
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Budget accommodation in heart of Kuta Jul 12, 2011
Booked directly with the hotel (just Google hotel sorga) initially for 4 nights at a total cost of AUD$88 for a room with bathroom for a solo traveller in March 2011. Breakfast provided with a limited range of simple options, such as pancakes, eggs and toast, plate of fresh fruits, juice and coffee/tea
15 minute taxi ride from Denpasar International Airport to the hotel, costs about AUD$4 - 5
1. Free shuttle bus pickup from the airport to the hotel
2. Standard room with double bed and a ceiling fan
3. Clean bathroom (shampoo, soap and towels only)
4. Swimming pool which can be used 24 hours
5. Wonderful, friendly staff who speak excellent English and can answer most of your questions (where to eat, shop, trusted foreign currency exchange dealers)
6. 10 minute walk to kuta beach in one direction, and legian street (with bars, pubs and main retail stores like billabong, quicksilver etc) in the other
7. Close to market stalls selling souvenirs, t-shirts, and massage parlours around poppies lane 1
1. No TV in the room
2. No complimentary wifi. However there is a computer with internet connection which you can pay for
3. Mosquitoes! You need to use insect repellent even when you go to sleep (unless you get the air conditioned room)
4. The small streets and alleyways around poppies lane 1 are narrow with potholes and lots of cars and motorbikes using it
5. When it rains it pours. Due to the nature of the streets and alleyways, there is flooding and big puddles of water. Not the safest and most hygienic place to be walking through
Overall good - recommended for budget conscious travellers only. This hotel was noted in a SE Asia guide book that I had with me. However, after many walks through poppies lane 1, I did note that there are a lot of hostels and budget accommodation in the vicinity. During low season, I am sure it is easy to walk the streets to find something to suit your needs.
This place is located in the maze of poppies lane1. It can be scary at first walking through the myriad of small streets and alleyways, especially with cars trying to manoeuvre through the narrow streets, of motorbikes zipping past at speed. It was also the case when walking at night, or during a downpour when the streets get flooded. However, you have to remember that this is what makes it Bali.
There are convenience stores like Circle K close by, market stores to buy those gifts for family and friends, massage parlours, clubs and bars, and bigger retailers (Nike, Billabong, Quicksilver etc) all within walking distance (or jump on a motorbike if feeling lazy).
However I think it was the kindness of one of the staff which I will remember most. I arrived in Bali in the evening (about 8.30pm) and only arrived and settled into the hotel at about 9.00pm. It was pouring outside and I was tired and really didn’t feel like going out nor negotiating the dark backstreets by myself. But I knew that I needed some food and insect repellent to get me through that first night. So…one of the Hotel Staff who was headed home, offered to give me a ride on the back of her motorbike to the closest Circle K. Now that is service!
So It is true: the Balinese are some of the nicest and most considerate people around
Hotel Sorga Cottages Overview
Hotel Sorga Cottage located on the center of Kuta Beach, design with its luxurious Balinese Styled rooms, Modern facilities (e.g. Fax, e-mail, internet(WiFi), telephone in every room) and it's private atmosphere the hotel is offering a great way of spending holiday. It enjoys an unspoiled and peaceful environment yet it is only a 20 minutes drive from the Ngurah Rai International Airport Bali. The excellent personal and the friendly family service is the Hotel's Trademark for an unforgettable stay. Hotel Sorga only a 15 minute drive or a leisurely stroll to the bustling Kuta beach area and a 10 minutes drive to International Ngurah Rai Airport.
Hotel Sorga Cottages Amenities