34 Tatranská Lomnica, Tatranska Lomnica, Slovakia

Hotel Slovakia Rates and Deals

Hotel Slovakia Tatranska Lomnica Reviews

Vlindeke Vlindeke
Former state hotel May 31, 2012
As we arrived at Hotel Slovakia I had the feeling the place was closed. No sign of people, not one light on. But, the reception (a small spot in an enormous hall) was manned. We had to hand in our passports and got our keys.

The next two nights I was staying in room 121, first floor. One of the biggest rooms I’ve ever slept in this price class. The room has a hall with many closets (including a set of shoeshine material), a large bedroom. Well, the room (with a sitting area) is large, the niche with the beds is rather narrow. A large balcony. An ‘in between’ bedroom and bathroom room with more closets. A television in the sitting area. No fridge (other rooms had one as I heard). The room was rather sparsely furnished but clean. In the public areas free Wi-Fi is provided.

I guess this place is a formerly state hotel. Only minutes walking away from the railway station (where you find a couple of restaurants, bars and a supermarket). We were a bit unlucky with the weather, but I’m convinced the High Tatras are worth visiting.

Breakfast buffet style in a large room, no atmosphere. The buffet is basic, but okay.

Returning at night (after dinner) the place seemed to be locked up even more… a dark lounge, bar closed. Don’t they (or don’t I) understand the business?

More information at: www.hotelslovakia.net.
Hall