Hotel Silver Sands

Check Negombo Hotel Deals

Hotel Silver Sands Negombo Reviews

amylaichareonsup amylaich…
Convenient location, bit run down but clean enough Dec 11, 2015
Convenient location, near all the shops and restaurants. The stark white exterior of the hotel was nice enough, a modern twist on colonial architecture, and just steps from the beach. There's also a spacious veranda with a great view of the sunset. While the room was spacious, there were definitely signs of wear. There were 2 twin beds, pushed together, a huge rip in one of the bedsheets, and a large mosquito net over both, a bedside stool, vanity, towel rack and a table with dirty grey sheet over it. The towels, which must have been white at some point had a grey tinge and were really dingy. The bathroom was clean enough, but not even a bar of soap was offered. While the staff was nice enough, when I asked one of the gentlemen in the lobby to borrow an adapter, he told me the hotel charges 200 rupees for it. As I was leaving the following day, I declined politely. If there was wifi, I wasn't offered a password. Bit disappointing.
gingerbatik gingerba…
Hotel Silver Sand Jun 12, 2013
Supposedly it is low season in Sri Lanka, therefore I did not book this hotel when I arrive in Negombo as I have the guide book to find the hotel there. Since this hotel has a very good review and the price range is within my budgets, so I just take three wheeler when I arrived in Negombo. This hotel located out of the centre toward the beach and it takes 15 minutes ride by the three wheeler, unfortunately I do not remember how much it cost.

When I arrived there, the hotel building looks very nice and attractive with white color building and probably it was one of the riches mansions in the old time. The garden located in the middle of the building and the ocean in the backyard with a couple of lazy chairs to sit and enjoy the view.

The reception was busy with her mobile phone and kind of ignoring me and also a couple of other guest who was waiting for check in. After she serves the other guest and I asked if there is room available, she gives me two keys to check the room upstairs with air condition and downstairs near the beach without air condition, but she does not explain where the location of the room, basically just leave it to me to find it myself.

After checking and comparing the two rooms which is very similar in size and facilities except the air condition but different in price which is double compare the room without air condition, so I opt to get the room downstairs without air condition but have fan instead. It cost Rs2,400 per night without breakfast.

I actually quite surprise as the room is really basic and not that clean as what I expected from the other review I had read from the net. Anyway, for one night I think it should be okay. The room has a twin bed with mosquito net, an old cupboard, a table and chair, a low rise dresser and a balcony outside my room with two chairs and table facing the ocean. The room has an en suite bathroom which is very basic as well with hot water available but no soap or shampoo provide. It also has too much mosquito and I requested a mosquito spray in the room.

The hotel restaurant has a good view toward the beach and has good selection of food with very reasonable price without any additional tax charge on it, but service is really slow and need to pay after meal and cannot put the bill in the room charge.

In addition to this, The hotel also has a massage service which located outside the hotel and out of nowhere. I had one massage here and someone pick me up from the hotel and drop me back after the massage which included in the fee. The massage was good but facilities was very basic, no door when I was having massage, just curtain to close it and people actually can peep inside.

Outside the hotel, plenty of restaurants, shops, and several hotels nearby which is offered very competitive price and it is a nice stroll from the hotel to other places nearby.
the hotel building
the balcony of my room
the room
the room
spocklogic says:
Rs2400 ~ $40 USD, not bad.
Posted on: Sep 11, 2013