Hotel Settentrionale Esplanade

Hotel Settentrionale Esplanade Rates and Deals

Hotel Settentrionale Esplanade Montecatini Terme Reviews

kyuri18 kyuri18
Would never go back! Oct 26, 2010
I stayed in this hotel as part of the Globus tour, and I guess the majority of customers at this hotel were from Globus as I saw a number of Globus busses parked in front of the hotel. I do not know why Globus chose this hotel for its tour which was suppose to be first class. This hotel is somehow rated 4 stars, but I totally couldn’t find any aspects that deserved a 4 star rating.

First, the staff in the hotel didn’t understand English very well and I had hard time communicating. I was most certainly irritated by the woman in the front desk who couldn’t even explain properly how to use internet in the hotel (internet is not free anywhere at this hotel). Also, what little English the hotel waiter spoke was difficult to understand, which would have been forgivable had it not gone hand in hand with his seeming indifference and inattentiveness.

The room was so dark and depressing, with furniture that looked a hundred years old. Seriously, I had to sleep with the light on as I was so scared that a ghost was going to come out of some corner in the room. Moreover, the walls were so paper-thin that I was stunned awake by the sounds of toilets flushing from god knows where, upstairs, next door, I wasn't sure. Jesus, the sound was sooo big. I would have felt a little better if at least the bed was comfortable, but that was not the case.

The bathroom was not too bad but there was just one bath towel, and the dryer was so weak. The worst part was that I had wait quite a long time for hot water, and even then a burst of cold water would come out all of sudden during the shower which nearly gave me a heart attack. Thank god we were staying in this hotel for only one day.

Next morning, there was no wake up call. Our tour group were all supposed to get wake up calls at the same time, but for some reason I didn’t get any call. Good thing I set my own alarm. Breakfast was fine which I found to be the only positive point of this hotel, but that was it. I wouldn’t go back to this hotel even if someone pay for me to stay there.
Mark_Norman says:
Although it's unfortunate that you had a bad experience it is good that you are saving others from going through the same!
Posted on: Dec 05, 2010
robzvoice says:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, Annie. Thanks for sharing and giving the rest of us a heads up about this place.
Posted on: Dec 05, 2010

Hotel Settentrionale Esplanade Overview

The Hotel Settentrionale Esplanade is ideally located for sightseeing in Montecatini Terme with Terme Leopoldine and Terme Excelsior only a few steps away and Terme Tettuccio a short stroll away.

The Hotel Settentrionale Esplanade caters for families with children offering babysitting / child services. The property has meeting rooms, an outdoor pool and a concierge. This hotel proudly features an animal-friendly policy. The guests can sit and rest in the quiet atmosphere of the hotel's outdoor area. A currency exchange, a laundry service and a safe-deposit box are also available.

Hotel Settentrionale Esplanade Amenities