Hotel Sentral

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals

Hotel Sentral Kuala Lumpur Reviews

nolan nolan
Good location for easy accessibility Nov 22, 2014
We stayed here in Hotel Sentral Kuala Lumpur for two nights - first during the night of the Huge TravBuddy meetup on November 22, 2014, and second during our return from Colombo on November 28, 2014.

We stayed in two different room types, a deluxe room on the 12th floor (Nov. 22) and a superior room on the 9th floor (Nov. 28). One thing common is that the rooms are quite small! Especially for the deluxe room, I booked this for triple sharing and the room attendant had to be creative in making the three beds fit! This room was problematic for us - for one, the aircon was not working fine, we even had to open a window to get fresh air flowing (good thing we were on a high enough floor to minimize the noise and pollution from down below). But the bathroom was nice because it had strong water pressure and was hot enough.

The superior room was even smaller so I don't think it is a good idea to cram a third bed into the room, plus the bathroom door was a common swinging door held by magnets that would either cover the toilet area, or just the shower area. The shower wasn't spectacular, at least the water was warm enough.

The hotel staff will only give one magnetic key per room - which was a challenge since I was the last one to return to the room after the night of the KL meetup, having to wake up the others so I could get in. On the return stay I insisted that we get a second key, and the staff obliged but asked for a 20 MYR deposit (I got my money back anyway when I checked out).

There is a TV and WiFi but we essentially just used the place for a place to sleep and freshen up. It is decent enough for families and local business people since these were the hotel guests I saw during breakfast (I didn't see any western travelers during my stay there).

The breakfast is OK but not spectacular, it is a buffet which is served beginning at 7AM. Better line up early because people do arrive even before 7AM, although there are enough seats since two adjoining rooms are used for breakfast. On our first day we had to leave very early for the airport so we skipped breakfast but on the second stay we were able to take some leisurely time not having to rush eating.

Overall, Hotel Sentral Kuala Lumpur has most of its value in its proximity to KL Sentral (KLIA Expres, KTM, LRT and monorail) as it is a five to ten minute walk to any of those transport nodes. The area in front of it has shops serving local food and kopi tarik but could be dirty especially in the morning before the garbage truck picks up the trash from the previous day. It may take a while to locate the place for first timers to the area but once you've gotten a hold of the vicinity, quite convenient for commuting.
Superior room, Hotel Sentral Kuala…
Superior room, Hotel Sentral Kuala…
twin beds at Hotel Sentral Kuala L…
bathroom, superior room at Hotel S…
soonthiam says:
Now I have a hotel I can recommend others.
Posted on: Dec 04, 2014
adrianaaaron adrianaa…
Decent hotel at affordable price Jan 13, 2013
If you are looking for a less expensive decent hotel, perhaps you can include Hotel Sentral in your travel list. Located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, this hotel is great for those travelling with their families. I enjoyed my night here. However, the receptionist who answered my call that night was quite rude.

I had some problems with my Internet connection. I called the front desk and a female receptionist answered my call. I would be okay if she could at least give me some solutions. She rather hang up on my call instead, which was pretty annoying because I was not even done talking. I did not complain. I thought it was rather useless since I was just going to spend a night there.

For someone who checks-in hotels as a hobby, I believe I shouldn't be treated this way. Hence, I won't give high rating on this hotel. I won't even trash about the hotel. It was not that bad after all. I hope the hotel will improve its service. All guests deserve to be treated right during their stay at the hotel. I won't coming back for the 2nd time.
Comfy room
sendil22 sendil22
Decent Hotel at Prime Location Jun 30, 2011
Hotel Sentral is located at the heart of the city, its just few meters away from KL Sentral Station.

The hotel is located with proper connectivity to across the city. The price is decent and the rooms are well maintained and clean. The rooms are a bit small and no balcony, but still, its comfortable, its a new construction.

Only 2 lifts in the hotel, which makes it crowded at peak hours.

It lacks a swimming pool and recreation.

Overall, its a Google hotel.
myonnie myonnie
easy to go everywhere Jul 02, 2011
This hotel is next to monorail and walk only 5 minutes to KL Station. Service is very good, clean room, everything is OK

BTW, street which hotel located is dirty and look like scary in the night if you are women and go alone.

Hotel Sentral Amenities

• Posting
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Flip chart
  • White board
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower