Hotel Scala Bucharest

Hotel Scala Bucharest Rates and Deals

Hotel Scala Bucharest Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A fabulous hotel where you would not expect it to be Dec 06, 2011
I arrived quite late in the evening at Bucharest airport and I had only 16 hours in the city so I had dropped the ide of renting a car. I therefore took a taxi to the hotel or so I though because I was quite tired and it was raining like hell.

The taxi took me to the area of the hotel; he could actually not find it so I just told him to let me off even though it was not the nicest neighborhood. Two sweet girls that were looking for business approached me while I was looking in my papers and my phone to find the right address. The funny part I found it by coincidence after a while searching on both sides of the road.

The hotel was hiding behind a big fence but I found the doorbell and I was let in by a very gentle and service minded. I was both and tired and I asked the night receptionist if he had any local beer in the fridge the room. He told me to relax in the cozy lounge, while he would find my room key. Well, he was actually insisting. The lounge was really nice and there were interesting details all over to look at. I must say that it certainly was a boutique hotel; it was like stepping in to an old castle.

I enjoyed my beer and he found the key to the 3rd floor; there was not any escalator so again he insisted to carry my luggage to my room. The room was not the largest I had but it was really impressive with all the details that they had worked on. The quality was immaculate on every detail, like the corners of the woodwork or the tiles in the bathroom to the linen on the bed – I was impressed.

I had been given a room on their top floor, which meant that I had leaning walls but even those were made with ingenuity; there were space to walk everywhere and the angles were constructed like you just had to be impressed. The details of the decorations were impressive as well. There were small bags of smelling flower leaves all over; hanging on the door handle, in the bathroom and so on – it was not too much just enough.

I had a great night sleep and next day I went down to the breakfast in the basement, behind some small doors and all the way the quality was the same and the decorations immaculate. It was quite impressive that they had gone all the way. The breakfast was one of the best that I have had too; first of all I was sitting at a dining table like I was at home in some ones home and then I was presented with a nice menu from where I could choose different combinations. The quality of the food was great as well. We were not that many down there but everybody liked what they were served and amazed about the cozy surroundings.

It rained like hell so I decided to stay and enjoy the hotel until I was leaving for the airport just before noon and it was mainly due to the quality of the hotel itself that I didn’t have any regrets about it.
My bed
Chokk says:
I mean it ;)
Posted on: Jul 02, 2012
Dr_Seuss says:
Two sweet girls :D
Posted on: Jul 02, 2012

Hotel Scala Bucharest Overview

The Hotel Scala is located in Bucharest making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Room amenities include non smoking rooms, air conditioning, bathrobes, daily newspaper, desk, hair dryer, television. The basic amenities provided at this Bucharest accommodation comprise 24hr room service, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, meeting facilities, restaurant. These top-class facilities are complemented to excellent services to meet the needs of visitors to Bucharest. To proceed with your reservation at the Hotel Scala via our secure online booking form, please enter your period of stay.

Hotel Scala Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shower
  • Cots
  • Breakfast in the Room
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage